Network AdministratorMiami, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Network Administrator oversees the management and maintenance of computer network systems and data circuits. Develops and maintains network configuration according to the IT and Business strategy. Strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities, to identify and resolve networking related issues efficiently. Develops, implements and maintains a backup and disaster recovery plan. Responsible of implementing and management of networking related processes, HW and SW as part of the Business Continuity Plan / Disaster Recovery.
The Network Administrator reports to the IT Operations Manager.
Position Duties / Responsibilities:
• Performs day-to-day monitoring and management of key infrastructure which includes; VMWare, Windows, Cisco, Exchange, Wireless Networks (Wifi)
• Provides technical support and guidance to IT partners
• Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots networks, networking HW devices and SW
• Serves as key technical stakeholder on IT Projects
• Recommend and schedule maintenance, upgrades and repairs to the LAN/WAN
• Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
• Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
• Maintain corporate infrastructure procedures, documentation and technology standards
• Develops and documents system standards for computer and network devices
• Provides oversights and ensures all key backups and successfully completed
• Ensures Backup and Recovery Strategy and enforced
Other duties as assigned or requested by immediate supervisor
• Proficiency with leading Operating Systems or networking tools. Some of these include Temenos Globus T24, Microsoft, Active Directory; Solaris, HP-UX, RSA Authentication Manager, Cisco routers, switches, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Swift, Fedline Advantage, Euroclear, Great Plains, Experian Assist, Ocean Systems OFAC, etc.
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
3-5 years of relevant experience or demonstrated required level of proficiency
• Ability to work after hours and weekends
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with different level/market across the organization
• Sound problem solving and project management skills.
• Excellent analytical, strategic thinking and modeling skills.
• Problem solving approach oriented and customer focused
• Very good technical skills and managerial skills
• Teamwork and team spirit focused including flexibility, experience in people management
Licenses / Certifications• VMWare, CCNA, Net+, A+
Languages: Spanish, English
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occassional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights:This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Miami, FL, Miami
Other Locations: Florida-Miami
Organization: Banco Santander International
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Maternity leave coaching
Backup child care
Short term disability
We’re Santander US, and we’re wholly owned by Santander Group, a global financial institution that serves more than 150 million customers worldwide. Here in the United States, we employ more than 14,000 people and serve more than 5 million customers through our businesses: