Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Business Operations Analysis Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will serve as the Energy Procurement and Management (EPM) Representative on various Business Resiliency teams; coordinate EPM’s participation in the Company-Level Business Resiliency program; and develop and deliver business continuity related training to EPM personnel.
As a Business Operations Analysis Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Define EPM roles in Corporate-level Incident Command System, ensure EPM access to and use of multiple communication systems (e.g., Everbridge, GETS, 900 MHZ radio, Sat phones, dedicated cell phones), etc.
- Coordinate EPM’s participation in annual Company and State-wide disaster preparedness drills.
- Support and coordinate EPM’s participation in Company-Level Business Resiliency program.
- Serve as the EPM Representative on various Business Resiliency teams: 1) Matrix, 2) BCP Manager, 3) Lead Planning Team.
- Develop and deliver business continuity related training to EPM personnel.
- Design and conduct periodic table-top simulations.
- Maintain EPM data in BRIMS
- Conduct quarterly emergency notification drills to ensure Lead Planning Team and DMT On-Call Managers are familiar with the application and testing/validation of employees’ response.
- Facilitate periodic live operational drills at EPM alternate work sites.
- Ensure availability and appropriate readiness of multiple back-up work facilities, etc.
- Seven or more years of experience in organizational programs or contract management.
- Two or more years of supervisory, program or project management experience.
- Knowledge of Business Continuity policies, objectives, strategies, goals, and applicable governmental and regulatory laws and requirements.
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills collaborating with teams consisting of members across a variety of departments and disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Technical discipline.
- Incident Command system certified.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations on complex subject matter to diverse audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communications and consulting skills for building relationships, fostering two-way communications, interacting with all levels of management, and building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals to produce positive results.
- Business mastery, including the ability to manage risks and safety appropriately, and provide exceptional service to internal stakeholders.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guides for the following tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles Test- 8203. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727. #L1-KH1