Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Credit & Payments Services Operational Support Senior Manager at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. This position has the overall responsibility to develop the strategic direction for Receivable Management and Mailing Operations in the Revenue Services Organization (RSO). This includes managing the performance of the organization, prioritizing resources and providing direction to accomplish goals and objectives. This position also includes developing, recommending, and implementing processes to improve customer satisfaction, providing leadership, coaching and career development to staff.
As a Senior Manager, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Manages the overall strategic activities for Receivable Management and Mailing Operations. This includes directing the operations in the following areas:
- Credit Risk Assessments: Monitor and evaluate the financial condition of SCE's largest commercial and industrial customers. Examine payment patterns, industry changes, competition and the overall economic conditions. Develops and implements strategies to improve the effectiveness of SCE collection efforts and mitigate write off.
- Compliance: Provides guidance and ensures internal partners are aware and in compliance with credit policies and procedures. Oversight of Credit and Payment Services (CAPS) Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) activities which includes facilitation of annual data requests and quarterly certifications; adhere to SCE Rules and RSO regulatory policies by documenting needed policies and partnering with Operations, Legal, Regulatory Operations, and Ethics and Compliance; Data privacy adherence and breeches; and, Bulk Mail lead to ensure $5 million postage discount.
- Mailing Operations: oversees function that includes the annual printing and inserting of 33M bills, onserts, and customer letters.
- Establishes department goals and objectives and develops plan to accomplish them. This includes developing the strategic planning for the department’s short and mid-term business needs, including staffing and resource requirements. Develops and implements departmental performance targets and metrics, such as annual write-off targets, collection recovery targets, bankruptcy savings goals, and operational performance targets for each function. Other measures that ensure that all goals meet and maintain the integrity of company policies and procedures to adhere to SOX requirements and/or to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- Manages the development, recommendation, and implementation of policies, procedures and processes to ensure consistent application, achievement of service standards, improvement in customer experience, as well as safety and regulatory compliance. This position will also work closely with Finance, Controllers, Regulatory, and Senior Executives to influence decisions that mitigate write off.
- Leads cross-functional teams to develop Organizational Unit-wide projects and programs such as SCE/Mailing Operations Printer Inverter Project, e-Billing default/conversion efforts and Outsourcing and Vendor Management for Mailing Operations to ensure vendor is meeting expectations and goals outlined in contract; Develops project plans to integrate best practices, define processes, and sponsor project activities to ensure progress.
- Five or more years of experience managing or leading a group, unit, or team
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Five or more years of experience with strategic analysis (statistical probability, microeconomic analysis, statistical programming, etc.)
- Experience working in a Credit & Collections or Accounts Receivable environment
- Project Management Certification
- Knowledge of State and Federal Collections regulation (FCRA, FDCPA, Red Flag Rules)
- Knowledge of tariff, rules, and Public Utility Commission codes
You should know
- The position’s work mode is remote. Employee is able to work primarily at home or remote however, the employee may be expected to come to an SCE facility on occasion. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Hiring organizations can add further requirements related to specific jobs. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.