Join the Clean Energy Revolution
In addition, this role will be responsible for leading efforts to optimize data collection from external and internal source systems, normalize and harmonize data, transform and prioritize through development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections. This role requires an experienced data pipeline engineer and data wrangler who enjoys building data and software solutions from the ground up, to enable business solutions. The advisor should have experience with relational data, big data concepts, as well as structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Designs, builds and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and software to capture, manage, store and use structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources.
- Establishes and builds processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from multiple inputs, route appropriately and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases, and other applicable storage forms as required.
- Develops technical tools and programming that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis.
- Builds and establishes design standards and assurance processes for software, systems and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows and storage requirements.
- Reviews internal and external business and product requirements for data operations and activity and suggests changes and upgrades to systems and storage to accommodate ongoing needs.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in architecting and designing information, integration, and analytics solutions
- Three (3) or more years of experience in data engineering, data mining, large scale data acquisition, transformation, development and cleaning both structured and unstructured data
- Experience developing solutions using, Python, Pyspark, SQL, Kafka, GitHub
- Experience in building data engineering solutions using Python, PySpark
- Experience in building use cases / solutions using technologies such as Palantir Foundry
- Design, build, execute and deploy data engineering and analytics solutions.
- Ability to perform complex analysis, consulting, and perform technical activities as assigned.
- Strong understanding & experience with ETL design and implementation in the context of large datasets
- Experience working with data warehouses, writing SQL queries of varying complexity
- Experience working with distributed systems and concepts such as Apache Spark, MapReduce, and Hadoop (experience not necessary)
- Experience/Familiarity with Machine Learning technologies in data modeling and tools such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Knowledge of API’s based integration, workflow applications
- Knowledge in deploying, scaling, and optimizing applications in cloud platform
- Experience in Agile methodologies and development best practices using tools such as Jira.
You should know
- The position’s work mode is hybrid. Employee is able to work primarily at home or remote however, the employee may be expected to come to an SCE facility on occasion. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Hiring organizations can add further requirements related to specific jobs. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guides for the following tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test #8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and build a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.