Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Design Drafting Associate Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll develop layouts for components and systems and selects material. Prepare design drawings, calculations, and bills of material from engineering documents associated with the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the company’s distribution system, and telecommunication system. You will also perform complex design assignments within a specific engineering discipline. You may also lead a group and/or provide functional direction to other CAD designers and support staff.
As a CAD Designer, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Prepare scaled work order maps using computer aided design software (CAD) such as 2020 Autodesk Utility Design (AUD) and Design Manager (DM).
- Draw map(s) using the accurate mapping symbols, Mtext, decals, proper tie downs, etc.
- Consult with Planners and other planning personnel to prepare design drawings and modifications as required.
- Complete engineering functions and calculations based on field information and redline from Planner (https://i.e., cable pulling, voltage drop, flicker, utilizing station sheets, etc.).
- Prepare joint pole authorizations based on field information and redline from Planner.
- Input customer, project, and billing information (https://i.e., completes faceplate, verifies allowances, updates labor requirements).
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Three or more years of CAD drafting experience
- Three or more years applying electric utility Design Standards
- AutoCad, AutoDesk Software, and/or AutoCAD certificate.
- Drafted and designed for electric utility, electrical distribution design, engineering design, or construction work using CAD.
- Experience working in Design Manager (DM)
- Experience with SCE Design Standards
- Reviewed rough sketches, drawings specifications, and creating conceptual drawings in computer aided design software.
- Finalized engineering product drawings with critical dimensions, performance specifications, and quality specifications to be in compliance with design standards and procedures.
- Conducted quality review on designs, checks for inaccuracies, omissions, or compliance issues and providing recommendations.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- This position is eligible for a location-based incentive. Incentive is offered if commitment is made to work on-site and to remain in specified work location for an agreed-upon timeframe.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.