Become a Eastern Distribution System Planning Engineer 3 at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will be working as part of the Southern Distribution System Planning group under Distribution System Analysis (DSA) within SCE’s Asset Strategy and Planning (ASP) organization. You will work within the Distribution Planning group, responsible for the long-term planning development and implementation of the distribution system. The Engineer 3 will support the development of the Distribution Substation Plan (DSP) and the implementation and sponsorship of distribution projects enabling growth and Distributed Energy Resources (DER). This position will help reduce carbon emissions, create cleaner air, as well as ensure a reliable T&D system. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
· Perform detailed DSP analysis and studies as required to determine the need and/or requirements for capital projects to enhance the grid. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Work independently to support the prioritization of new distribution projects, development of regulatory filings, and support of Distribution Engineering
· Support the development of the load forecast, including the disaggregation of the Integrated Energy Policy Report (IEPR)
· Provide technical support to internal and external customers as subject matter expert for the distribution system
· Support and lead the development, interpretation, and application of existing/new engineering standards and designs
· Maintain a safety conscious work environment by following Edison’s safety protocols and safe work practices in addition to providing support with all other duties assigned
· Help and assist less experienced engineers with complex issues related to distribution system planning.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Power Systems.
Experience using power system engineering analysis tools such as Cyme, and/or CAPE.
Experience in the area related to power system engineering analysis, including applicable regulations, standards, codes, and analysis software
Experience analyzing and solving engineering problems and making sound decisions
Experience performing technical/engineering research to perform thorough and objective analysis and to reach logical and defendable conclusions
Experience preparing detailed engineering studies and reports
Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices
Experience using Microsoft office suite
Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts and deliver technical presentations to both a technical and non-technical audience, including external customers
Ability to influence others and maintain positive working relationships
Ability to resolve conflicts in a manner which results in win-win solutions for all the parties involved
Ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation
Strong ethics and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727
Child care benefits
Short term disability
As one of the nation’s largest electric utilities, we’re bringing more clean and renewable sources of energy to Southern California.
From energy storage to transportation electrification, our employees are working on innovative projects that will help cut emissions and greenhouse gases to provide cleaner air for everyone.
We have diverse teams, made up of inventors, doers and ...