NextGen ERP program will span the next 5 years leveraging emerging digital solutions in concert with re-imagining and transforming our current processes and organization to make dramatic improvements to operational performance, as many companies are doing across industries. We are looking at an approach that not only upgrades the systems but also transforms our business processes to maximize efficiency, improve data quality, and provide better integrated decision making across the enterprise. Target objectives include:
· Standardize/optimize business processes and incorporate automation
· Improve data quality, governance, and management to ensure that SCE’s data drives timely decisions and business insights
· Leverage more sophisticated and innovative technology enablers
· Initial assessments anticipate the ability to transform up to 40% of business processes (amount of transformation will be determined as part of Solutions Analysis 2 (SA2)
· Optimize SCE systems landscape
The overall Finance Integration team covers four key areas of Finance transformation and is responsible for ensuring business requirements are met through streamlined and rationalized processes that align with new technology capabilities for Finance including (1) providing implementation expertise to assigned areas; (2) communicating effectively across diverse levels within and outside the organization to achieve project objectives thorough vetting and approval of requirements, processes, integration points, and implementations; and (3) providing guidance, set standards of work, and overseeing the timely accomplishment of the end-to-end process improvement objectives for assigned areas of NextGen ERP.
This job posting covers multiple job openings across the four sub-teams within the overall Finance Integration Team, which include:
Treasury, AP/AR, and Financial Planning Team:
The Treasury, AP/AR and Financial Planning sub-team is responsible for ensuring business requirements are met to support the transformation of a broad set of functional areas with a common thread of cash management. First, the team is responsible for the solution of all Treasury activities including end-to-end cash management (https://e.g. payments, bank reconciliations, cash forecast), credit facilities, commercial paper, and interest expense. Second, the team is responsible for solutions around Accounts Payable (processing supplier invoices, releasing vendor payments, and managing bank communications) and Accounts Receivable (invoicing, managing balances and collections) processes given the connection to cash. Independent of cash-related activities, the team is also responsible for solutioning financial planning activities which brings all aspects (income statement and balance sheet) together. In addition, the team will need to integrate with edge technologies, primarily COBRA and UI Planner to support Capital and O&M operating plans and other financial plans (https://e.g., EPS).
Time and Pay Team:
The Time and Pay sub-team is entrusted with the critical task of transforming several functional areas that are integral to the SCE’s operations. The team will be responsible for evaluating and implementing various technology solutions for timekeeping, payroll, and employee expense reimbursement. This responsibility extends to ensuring strict adherence to state and federal labor laws, labor union contracts and tax withholding payments. In addition to these duties, the team will also oversee the seamless integration of these systems with HR and Finance modules within SAP. This integration is vital for maintaining operational efficiency and ensuring the smooth flow of data across different disciplines.
Corporate Accounting and General Ledger Team:
The Corporate Accounting and General Ledger sub-team is responsible for leading/directing the transformation of several functional areas related to the monthly financial close process, including complex transformation of master data and cost flows to support all types of user needs (financial, tax, operational/execution, regulatory), conversion to the new “universal ledger” which is a significant change, increased automation, financial consolidations, cost allocations/cost accounting and tax accounting. This team is responsible for transforming GAAP accounting into the FERC Uniform System of Accounts used as the basis for regulatory compliance and filings. In addition, the team is responsible for directing the transformation and redesign for processes that support non-energy billings across multiple SCE organizations (https://e.g., claims, jointly owned, relocations, etc.).
Capital Asset and Regulatory Accounting Team:
The Capital Asset and Regulatory Accounting team is responsible for leading/directing the transformation of the end-to-end solution for asset accounting (https://e.g., initiate, work in progress, depreciate, and retire) which also requires assessment of edge technology tools, specifically PowerPlan and integration with new SAP platform. In addition, the team is responsible for all regulatory accounting solution activities, including unwinding of significant customization in the existing landscape, and developing creative solutions to handle the multiple balancing and memorandum accounts that exist in SCE’s complex regulatory environment, including reporting.
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
The Senior Advisor will be responsible for ensuring business requirements are met and complex integration is fully addressed through streamlined and rationalized processes that align with new technology capabilities for the relevant process area & activities (and likely contribute to other direct team areas:
· Lead workshops and other forums to gather and synthesize information to gain a solid understanding of existing business processes and requirements.
· Conduct thorough evaluations of existing complex business processes and procedures to identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and areas for improvement. Challenge the status quo, drive transformational change, and recommend solutions.
· Analyze and synthesize data and process flows, including assessing best practices. Make recommendations or form a decision based on the analysis. Synthesize and present key findings.
· Influence and build consensus for design of future state “to be” business process and requirements. Problem-solve any differences to arrive at optimal future design.
· Lead effort to collaborate with technical team experts in building the future state Finance end-to-end processes (https://e.g., record to report, invoice to pay, and invoice to cash), including performing user integration testing. Provide functional guidance and supervision to analysts supporting team.
· Build relationships and interact with peers, manager, system integration (SI) partners, director, and all levels of leadership in Finance, Controller’s and across NextGen teams (and other areas as needed) to achieve objectives and resolve complex business issues.
· Prepare and deliver executive-level presentations and support other work activities that align with project milestones. Participate in briefings and strategic discussions with Managers and Director with occasional interaction with VP and SVP
· Provide functional guidance/leadership to team members to drive initiatives and specific work tasks. Accountable for specific workstream deliverables and outcomes
· Drive change management to ensure stakeholders, executives and employees are knowledgeable about process improvements and can effectively utilize new tools and systems
· 10 or more years of experience in a Finance, Payroll or Accounting role
· Proficiency with PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or other related fields.
· Master’s degree in business administration, engineering, technical discipline or similar
· Project Management Certification
· Knowledge of SAP/ERP applications/modules with deep understanding of related business processes and operating models spanning one or more business process domains, such as GL Accounting, SAP Finance and Payroll modules (FI, CO or S4 Hana Finance), and/or SCE cost flows
· SAP ERP or S/4 HANA ERP full lifecycle implementation experience
· Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal, along with negotiation and influence skills.
· Demonstrated experience advising and recommending courses of action on process improvements, operational plans, or business strategies, often to Sr. or Executive audiences.
· Experience translating complex business needs and requirements into appropriate technology solutions.
· Experience identifying and implementing process improvements or technology solutions.
· Proven change agent and innovative thinker with ability to influence change.
· Ability to enhance the safety culture, work environment, and diversity and inclusion.
You should know…
The position’s work mode is hybrid. Employee is able to work primarily at home or remote however, the employee may be expected to come to an SCE facility on occasion. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Hiring organizations can add further requirements related to specific jobs. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
Visit our Candidate Resource page to get relevant information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
Relocation will be considered for this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.