Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Field Supervisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll supervise a team of Regional Distribution Training Crew(s) focusing on construction activities. This person will be an inspirational leader taking ownership in the development of safety minded crew members. This person will establish, build and maintain relationships with other RDTCs to identify best training opportunities and work scopes for RDTCs. This person will inspire crew members to work safely and effectively, provide direction on the execution of work order plans, and strategically structure work activities within their work unit to optimize safety, enhance skill sets, productivity, and cost efficiency while maintaining a robust and positive training environment. This position will report directly to the RPPM.
As a Field Supervisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Supervises various number of employees, including pspec, foreman, lineman, apprentices, and groundman to ensure that all work is performed and completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to crews, including building effective working relationships, identifying training, and delivering coaching and feedback.
- Creates, promotes and supports ideas and candid dialogue that result in injury reductions while maintaining work efficiencies and safe work practices
- Fosters a leadership and training environment that encourages all classifications to grow in their leadership and training abilities
- Continuously works to identify purpose within line construction activities, that drives craftsman culture to instill personal discipline, situational awareness, and ownership while emphasizing a safe, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Will operate regionally to procure, support, and oversee the scheduling, execution and closure of a diverse line construction portfolio
- Responsible for supporting Distribution Business Unit and contributing to its overall success in meeting its financial, safety, CPUC, and ISO Construction, maintenance and Operating compliance, and reliability goals as they relate directly to Distribution construction, maintenance and operating activities.
- Accountable for training, and development of apprentices, performance management, and discipline of subordinate management and bargaining personnel. Additionally responsible for compliance with the IBEW/SCE collective bargaining agreement including Union Management relations, compliance with EEO and all other company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a safe work environment by ensuring adherence to all safety policies, correcting unsafe working conditions, training employees on safe work practices and procedures, and rewarding good safety practices.
- Conducts frequent crew visits and field observations to ensure crews have the appropriate tools and resources to perform the work, monitor progress, and ensure work is completed to regulatory and SCE standards.
- Ensures employees understand and adhere to all regulatory requirements, optimizing cost efficiency of the crews through managing of overtime and crew size, accurate tailboarding, reviewing daily time sheets and records, and resolving employee disputes.
- Reviews daily work schedules and readjust priorities in response to urgent repair orders or other critical events. Interacts with customers, city officials, and other internal or external agencies to complete work on schedule.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Two or more years in an electric utility performing or supervising in planning, design, construction, maintenance, standards & development, system operations, field operations, or engineering
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience as an E-Crew Foreman and or Troubleman.
- Five or more years of combined experience performing and/or supervising activities related to the design, construction and maintenance, and/or scheduling activities associated with the electric distribution system.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams or bargaining unit personnel including, applying the IBEW collective bargaining agreement. Experience overseeing or completing medium to large construction projects with underground and overhead construction, maintenance and operation of the electrical distribution system and associated regulatory requirement, including environmental regulations, safety policies and procedures, and hazardous waste management.
- Experience reviewing work and leading the execution of work to ensure on schedule completion.
- Ability to plan and prioritize projects, including managing multiple simultaneous projects and identifying/ allocating resources to ensure project timelines are met.
- Experience applying GO 95, GO 128, GO168 and Accident Prevention Manual rules.
- Ability to effectively lead others by building strong working relationships with employees, adapting leadership style to a variety of employees, identifying developmental needs, and delivering coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal departments, customers, and union personnel.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is on-site. The employee will report to an SCE facility or in the field location. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- This position will travel about 80% of the time throughout SCE’s service territory. A company vehicle will be provided during work travels. This position requires incident-response and communication beyond normal work hours and standard workday schedules.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.