Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Quality Control Inspector at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll focus on activities conducted during the Planning phase of the work order IPSEC lifecycle: Initiate, Plan, Schedule, Execute, and Close. These activities include duct and trench inspections, mandrelling, and structure inspections.
As a Quality Control Inspector, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Coordinate and execute all activities related to inspections in a timely manner that allows for high efficiency without sacrificing customer satisfaction by efficiently prioritizing and managing assignments to completion.
- Ensure that all district designs meet customers’ electrical service needs, while adhering to Distribution Design Standards, Electrical Service Requirements, and Construction/Maintenance standards.
- Proactively identify constructability issues when inspecting projects, propose solutions, and take corrective action so work orders are 100% executable when they are ready to be scheduled.
- Coordinate and execute jobsite visits during construction to explore opportunities for improvement with foreman and keep planners advised of progress and status of projects to ensure completion of project by customer commitment data.
- Respond in a timely manner to address and resolve customer concerns related to inspection activities such as duct, trench, and structure inspection.
- Serve as a resource to crews, foremen, and supervisors by identifying potential safety hazards with work order designs during inspection activities and propose solutions to alleviate such concerns and maintaining technical knowledge and expertise needed to safely and optimally prep jobs and support IPSEC process.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in Distribution Line Construction, Planning, or Civil Construction.
- Possess a valid U.S. Driver License.
- Experience applying time management skills to planning and prioritizing a heavy workload.
- Experience with safe work practices, basic electrical theory, construction/maintenance standards (i.e., GO95 and GO128), and the electric distribution system.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment to meet shared goals and objectives.
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with internal and external customers.
- Ability to create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
- Position will require up to 85% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.