Become a Senior Production Supervisor, Chemistry and Quality at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll reside in the Eastern Operations department within SCE’s Generation organization. This position will report to the Production Manager within the Mainland, Los Angeles Basin group. You will lead a group of technicians responsible for maintaining chemistry throughout SCE’s fleet of power plants, as well as play a key role in ensuring plant performance is continuously improving through targeted quality improvement activities.
As a Senior Production Supervisor, Chemistry and Quality, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
Help bolster SCE’s power plant chemistry and quality performance.
- Responsible for setting power plant water chemistry parameters and ensuring chemistry parameters are maintained
- Apply knowledge of industrial water chemistry gained through a background in engineering, chemistry, or similar
- Provide direct supervision to Chemistry Technicians who provide 7 day/week coverage for power plants in the greater Los Angeles area and provide support to Santa Catalina Island, as needed
- Responsible for developing and executing a Quality Assurance program that improves plant data integrity, processes, and regulatory performance
- Ensure plant operating events are consistently and thoroughly documented, their root cause is understood, and measures are taken to prevent their recurrence. This is accomplished both through individual effort and through teamwork
- Provides direct supervision for represented craft personnel, as assigned. The craft personnel (operators, technicians, clerks, etc.) rotate into this Supervisor’s group to execute short-term, targeted, quality-enhancing projects
- Associate Degree in applicable profession, business, or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Four or more years combined experience performing or supervising function.
- Three years of work experience in industrial chemistry.
- Experience leading represented employees who are responsible for maintaining or operating a large power plant, refinery, or similar industrial facility.
- Familiar with industrial quality assurance, quality control, and/or continuous improvement.
You should know …
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
- This position’s work mode is on-site. The employee will report to an SCE facility or in the field location. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- This position is based in Redlands, however, will require travel to power plants located as far as Avalon and Yucaipa up to 10% of the time.
- This position may also require occasional overnight travel (2%) to Santa Catalina Island, Bishop/Mono Basin, and other locations with Generation assets.
- This position requires being on call (including holidays), working after hours, and during emergencies.
- This position will require one to be able to drive, fly, traverse on uneven surfaces (hiking), sit/stand and work in various weather conditions, for extended periods of time.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
- Relocation may apply.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides to reference test(s): Edison Leadership Workstyles (Test 8201). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727