Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Transmission Project Manager at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be part of the Construction & Technical Support (C&TS) organization and will directly collaborate with SCE customers and internal groups. This organization provides project and program management for Transmission and Distribution. The volume of transmission projects is projected to continue to grow over the next several years. These projects are growing in number, size, complexity, and strategic impact. Due to the high visibility of these projects by regulators, public and environmental agencies, and major customers, they must be managed consistently and carefully. As a Transmission Project Manager, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Manages projects and programs within the organization: Projects and programs include relocation of existing facilities, small civil capital projects, licensing support of projects in the Major Project Organization, and compliance, maintenance, grid and customer funded projects.
- Updates project documentation data in files and multiple software systems. Requests, receives, evaluates, and prioritizes data into hard files, Microsoft software programs, etc.
- Initiates and issues documentation including Authorization to Proceed (ATP), Release to Construct (RTC), letters, agreements, contracts, trends, work order requests, etc. as the need arises.
- Evaluates submittals, letters, plans project / program files for completeness with associated processes and procedures.
- Upon completion of projects follow associated processes and procedures associated with closeout and reconciliation.
- Schedules and leads internal and external meetings with associated agendas, meeting minutes, action items.
- Responsible for handling regulatory and legal matters associated with the project. Prevailing wage, Buy America, California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) data requests, other federal compliance related to projects.
- Responsible for project cost management related to budgeting, forecasting, and trends.
- Seven or more years of Project Management experience including ownership of scope, cost, and schedule.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Project Management certification.
- Experience with transmission, distribution, and/or substation line construction, maintenance, or operations regulations.
- Experience working with Transmission Telecom construction management.
- Experience with transmission and/or distribution power systems and operations, equipment relocations, design/planning, policies, permits, procedures, construction methods and processes.
- Knowledge with General Orders 95, 128, 165C, 131D.
- Experience collaborating effectively with external clients, various organizations across SCE, and all levels of management to lead and drive projects.
- Experience working with all Microsoft office programs, SAP, Design Manager (DM), Google Earth Pro, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience using project management tools such as MS Project, Primavera, and/or Copperleaf C55.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- Position will require up to 40% travel and being out in the field within assigned region.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.