This team is responsible for storage firmware development and product sustenance engineering. It takes care of complete software design and the advanced development of enclosure management protocols.
• Effectively communicate and document software design and effectively listen
• Discuss technical problems with customers, test team, and development team
• Drive complete firmware design and development of storage-based products while managing all cross-functional teams
• Participate in detailed code inspections and will have experience developing storage systems
• Lead the multiple components and provide the technical direction and support needed to develop the new feature /functionality customer issues
• Root causing firmware issues found by the automated unit and integration tests
• Prioritize personal tasks
• Strong C/C++ Skills
• Problem solver and initiator
• Team player and works with the team in synergy
• Knowledge of embedded multi-threaded RTOS application development, Linux user process and device driver development, including multi-threading and inter-process communications
• Expertise in SOC, DSP Processor, ARM Processor, RTOS, C and Assembly language
• Linux user process and device driver development skills, including multi-threading and inter-process communications
• Scripting skills, including one or more of bash, Python
• GDB Debugger. Knowledge or experience of Storage and/or Server products
Our site in Pune is dynamic, both in our cutting-edge, innovative work, as well as our vibrant on-site food, and athletic and personal development opportunities for our 400+ employees. You can enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner from one of four cafeterias in the park. Take a break from your workday and participate in one of our many walkathons or compete against your colleagues in carrom, chess and table tennis. Learn about a technical topic outside your area of expertise at one of our monthly Technical Speaker Series, or attend one of the frequent on-site cultural festivals, celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location: Pune, India
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Since our operations began over 40 years ago, Seagate has proven itself as an innovation leader in data storage solutions time and time again. From pioneering the first 5.25-inch hard disk drive (HDD) in 1980 to developing the world’s highest-capacity drive in 2019, Seagate has a long and proven history of enabling people and organizations across the planet to store, share, and access data—faster and more securely than ever before. Data is in constant motion, and that’s why we’re committed to our vision of harnessing the datasphere and maximizing human potential.