As a part of the VLSI organization, we integrate the next generation of storage solutions with high performance computing to support EDA development for our storage HDD and SDD platforms. Seagate is the leader in enterprise and cloud storage solutions, 40% of the world’s data is stored on Seagate devices.
• Build, deploy, and operate systems using Red Hat Virtualization and exposure to cloud technologies
• Deploy and support LSF (Load Sharing Facilities) HPC (High Performance Computing) clusters
• Manage lifecycle platforms like Katello.
• Support configuration management tools like Puppet and Ansible
• Work on FlexLM based license and EDA tool management
• Participate in Disaster recovery planning and in configuring, deploying and supporting data protection infrastructure
• Work with customers and third-parties to troubleshoot and increase customer satisfaction
• Develop systems processes to drive and improve customer experience, create playbooks
• Participate in architecture planning and technology upgrades
• Setup monitoring platforms, like Zabbix and integrate the various data sources
• Setup alerting to act on data anomalies
• Build, deploy, and support Seagate’s next generation of storage solutions
• Be first point of contact for handling customer issues and providing guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents
• Participate in on call support for global development infrastructure
• You’re a passionate professional who is up to the challenge of blending the fast-changing technology landscape of clustered computing
• Ability to work independently with strong time management and organizational skills, and attention to detail are required
• High sense of urgency for completion of critical tasks
• Quick but also precise, able to follow procedures accurately and reliably
• Ability to triage and multitask in a fast-paced environment
• General willingness to jump in and tackle challenges as they arise
• Work cooperatively and effectively with remote engineering staff
• Always looking to improve processes and willingness to try new methods of improvement
• Systems deployment, maintenance and life cycle management using Katello for RHEL and CentOS
• RedHat Enterprise virtualization
• Puppet and Ansible
• Background in coding and writing programs with a system’s source code and develop solutions to improve system-wide performance.
• Analytical skills for troubleshooting systems utilizing error logs, systems performance data, and source code to improve system reliably and performance
• Experience with architecture, deploying, managing and monitoring of HPC environments
• Solid knowledge and understanding of linux based device management, multipathing, LVM, file systems, and NFS
• Understanding of networking technologies for configuration, support and troubleshooting
• Experience working in a fast-paced DevOps environment and supporting global infrastructure
• Operations or Systems Administration experience, focused on Linux
• Bachelor&aposs degree and/or relevant experience
Our site in Pune is dynamic, both in our cutting-edge, innovative work, as well as our vibrant on-site food, and athletic and personal development opportunities for our 400+ employees. You can enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner from one of four cafeterias in the park. Take a break from your workday and participate in one of our many walkathons or compete against your colleagues in carrom, chess and table tennis. Learn about a technical topic outside your area of expertise at one of our monthly Technical Speaker Series, or attend one of the frequent on-site cultural festivals, celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Since our operations began over 40 years ago, Seagate has proven itself as an innovation leader in data storage solutions time and time again. From pioneering the first 5.25-inch hard disk drive (HDD) in 1980 to developing the world’s highest-capacity drive in 2019, Seagate has a long and proven history of enabling people and organizations across the planet to store, share, and access data—faster and more securely than ever before. Data is in constant motion, and that’s why we’re committed to our vision of harnessing the datasphere and maximizing human potential.