Position Summary: Responsible for handling all financial transactions for clients of the program, including the preparation of court-mandated reports.
- Prepare client budgets, with assigned case workers.
- Prepare all checks to pay client expenses, in accordance with the budget.
- Ensure all client deposits are made. Investigate missing deposits.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Work with departmental benefits specialist to ensure client’s benefits are maximized, including review accounts for SSI and Medicaid over or under resourced, feasibility of trusts, burial accounts, food stamps, etc.
- Track and log client investment accounts.
- Prepare court-mandated Annual Accountings and Inventories and Final Accountings for client discharges when needed. Prepare reconciliation of final accounts.
- Assist the Guardianship Client Accounts Manager with the preparation of tax returns, as requested.
- Generate client reports as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Adhere to organization’s standards by completing annual mandatory trainings in a timely manner on topics including – but not limited to – Sexual Harassment Prevention Training, IT Security Awareness, Compliance, OSHA, HIPAA and any other training the organization may deem necessary in regards to regulatory compliance or good business practices.
- Supports organization’s mission by striving for excellence in all aspects of their job with a focus on positive interpersonal relationship with co-workers.
- Adheres to the organization’s policy in regards to absenteeism and appearance and health and safety standards.
Salary Range: 40,000 - 45,000/year commensurate with experience
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Accounting; or a minimum of two years experience in accounting
- Computer literate; ability to work with a range of computer programs including financial data base such as Quicken and Quickbooks, Lotus 1-2-3 or other general ledger software, spreadsheets, databases, check printing programs, and word processing programs, as well as Microsoft Suite
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to multi-task and work independently with a great attention to detail
Working Conditions/Physical Demand:
- Business office environment with phone and computer use.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.