Position Summary: Assesses clients' needs and eligibility for in-home services, entitlements and benefits, and manages ongoing case work and care plan management.
- Conduct intakes and screen clients with presenting problems, if required.
- Provide accurate and appropriate information on benefits, entitlements, programs, and case assistance and assist in accessing services, including referral, counseling clients and advocating and intervening with other agencies on behalf of clients.
- Apply and recertify clients for entitlements and benefits.
- Arrange for the provision of services.
- Use language that expresses respect, patience and understanding when communicating with clients, families and collaterals.
- Fully utilize the program’s data system to maintain complete and accurate case notes, monitor reassessment, client data and contacts, service delivery and financial information.
- Prepare and maintain required documentation in case file.
- Compile statistics, prepare reports and other documentation, and disseminate information when necessary
- Actively participate in supervision and staff meetings.
- Exchange information in a timely manner.
- Complete work assignments thoroughly, accurately and within organizational time frames.
- Assess clients’ social, emotional and environmental status in their home, hospital or institutional setting.
- Develop, implement and follow up on a care plan for clients.
- Provide continuing contact with clients.
- Provide supportive counseling.
- Supervise social work students, as needed.
- Arrange for translation services, as needed, for clients.
- Perform other duties as needed or requested
Salary Range: 45,000 - 50,000 per year commensurate with experience
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
- BASW required
- One year related experience and/or training
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other technology
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on treating clients with respect and dignity
- Able to multi-task and work independently with a great attention to detail
Working Conditions/Physical Demand: Business office environment with phone and computer use; travel via public transportation. This position may have the ability to work from home 2-3 times per week.