Position Summary: Prepares and conducts classes, including coordinating the curriculum, schedule, instruction, supervision, and supplies for classes, and assist in the overall administration of the Yoga/Exercise program.
- Teach or lead Yoga classes to seniors.
- Develop teaching materials, and otherwise prepare class materials.
- Ensure any necessary equipment is set up and ready for use.
- Supervise use of equipment and disposition of materials.
- Record attendance and record contributions, collect contributions and deliver money and records to Program Director.
- Record work hours on timesheet and submits to Program Director.
- Elicit participants’ recommendations to improve the class; meet with Social Work Staff to determine satisfaction and implementation of new ideas and addresses any specific needs of membership.
- Mediate any disputes that may arise within group, and communicate and needs or complaints of senior citizens to the Program Director.
- Recruit new students as appropriate.
- Meet with Program Director to plan and develop programs, and otherwise discuss program ideas, issues, and receive feedback.
- Call Director to advise them when unable to come to work.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Adhere to organization’s standards by completing annual mandatory trainings in a timely manner on topics including – but not limited to – Sexual Harassment Prevention Training, IT Security Awareness, Compliance, OSHA, HIPAA and any other training the organization may deem necessary in regards to regulatory compliance or good business practices.
- Supports organization’s mission by striving for excellence in all aspects of their job with a focus on positive interpersonal relationship with co-workers.
- Adheres to the organization’s policy in regards to absenteeism and appearance and health and safety standards.
Salary range: $ https://30.00 - $https://36.00 per hour commensurate with experience
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
- At least one year related yoga/exercise instruction experience and/or training in related area
- Certification in Yoga Instruction preferred
- Experience working with geriatric population preferred, Excellent customer service skills
- Able to multi-task and work independently with a great attention to detail
Working Conditions/Physical Demand:
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of exposure to pathogens.