ServiceNow is on FGB’s Best Tech Companies for Women of 2021.
FGB'ers gave this company a 4.7/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at ServiceNow rated their manager’s support a 4.7/5
Flexible PTO policy intended to empower full-time employees to balance their professional and personal lives.
ServiceNow offers to 20 weeks of paid parental leave and generous family leave.
Access to ServiceNow's Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Community consisting of seven employee-led Belonging Groups.
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Performance Engineer, you will be a key member of the Product Quality Engineering team driving improvements in performance, scalability and reliability of our products and services. You will work within our agile software development process and will certify products for release readiness for performance, scalability and reliability and will carry out performance benchmarking for our products & services at global scale.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong background in performance testing & engineering in enterprise software platforms and applications. The candidate should have experience in architecting and driving complex performance testing / engineering projects that measure the characteristics of systems running under dynamic, real-world workloads.
In this role you will create infrastructure, automation, and tools that drive realistic loads against the core services of our platform. You will also enable peers in engineering, customer support, and cloud teams to leverage our tools to provide related services.
· Provide E2E Performance testing / engineering solutions for various application / projects
· Ability to develop, design, execute performance test using JMeter or Blaze meter and understanding of workload model
· Identity and troubleshoot performance issues in collaboration with architecture and development teams. Performs root cause analysis and drives issues to appropriate resolutions.
· Improve the reliability and repeatability of performance testing.
· Actively participates in and supports the software development life cycle
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
· Develop and engage in proactive, thoroughness, and looks for ways to improve and promote quality performance testing practice.
· Communication - Clearly conveys information and ideas both verbally and written.
· Ability to multi-task.
· 3 to 7 years of Performance Testing and Engineering experience.
· BS/MS Degree in Computer Science with proven experience in performance testing/engineering for mission critical software products & services.
· Strong hands-on technical skills and experience in developing performance testing strategy, performance testing process and methodology
· Experience with various samplers / protocols JMeter or other tools along with concurrency, arrival rate and scheduling
· Experience in creating data management scripts and conduct high concurrency, volume/capacity testing
· Experience with Performance Monitoring / Profiling Tools (Splunk, Your kit), OS level, JVM Internals, DB Internals
· Experience with Performance testing and engineering concepts in System level, UI, Java Applications, DB
· Skilled in DB SQLs, analyzing performance issues at DB layer and recommending solutions
· Ability to carry out root cause analysis of complex performance issues, analyze results and recommend solutions
· Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
Good to have:
· Skilled in scripting / programming with Java or Java Script or Python or Perl or Shell
· Worked on cloud base performance testing
· Developed utilities for automation of daily tasks
· Incorporating latest best practices in performance testing effort
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
At ServiceNow, we make the world of work, work better for people. We deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. With ~6,900 customers, we serve ~80% of the Fortune 500. And we are #1 on FORTUNE® Future 50 2021 list. This is the future of work.
Help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better. Explore our open positions here, and visit our Careers site to learn more.