A Snapshot of Your Day
- Generator Inspection, Maintenance, Repair, and Upgrades.
- The team culture is built around Safety, Quality, andSchedule.
- Team Message at Siemens Energy :
- The successful candidate will be a team player with apositive attitude, a willingness to learn, and excellent communication skills.
How You’ll Make anImpact
- Assist winding operations in a productive manner that meetsthe manufacturing and engineering specifications on all turbine generator fieldand factory equipment of both Siemens Energy, Westinghouse OEM, and othermanufacturer’s designs, including but not limited to, stators, rotors,exciters, voltage regulators, and other related rotating and stationaryequipment.
- Assist with electro-mechanical operations of various typesrelating to the testing and servicing of turbine generator equipment.
- Assist in performance of turbine generator inspections,specialty services, and related work assignments.
- Assist with winding and machining, assembly, tool setup andoperation, work package and other documentation use and implementation, and anyother winding/machining tasks that are required to maintain product line servicecapabilities.
- Communicate work instructions and personal understanding oftasks assigned with leaders and peers, that enables all employees on theproject to perform in a manner that maintains and meets task criteria andschedule.
- Complete and assume responsibility for maintaining personalTime and Expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Perform all functions in a safe and efficient manner andmaintain a safe working environment that abides by the division safety policy.
- Assist and make recommendations for the development andimprovement of winding procedures and techniques to appropriate personnel.
- The employee will work at customer sites, both domesticallyand internationally.
- The employee will be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions,moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles,outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, vibration, and highvoltage electricity.
- The employee may work with toxic or caustic chemicals andradioactive material.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
- Perform other product line work, as assigned.
What You Bring
- High School diploma or recognized equivalent; and two yearsrelated industrial experience and/or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to do basic addition, subtraction, multiplication,and division
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry outinstructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the ability todeal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardizedsituations.
- Must be able to travel up to 100% of the time, bothdomestically and internationally.
- Must be available to work at customer sites and be able tomeet the demands of aggressive schedules. ( this would include overtime hoursand shiftwork).
- Must be able to use hand and power tools.
- Must be able to enter and exit generators and work inawkward/ tight positions inside a generator frame.
- Must be able to climb ladders/scaffold to connect water skidsand assist the field engineer in testing operations in various areas of thegenerator.
- Must be able to operate machinery such as Hytorq equipment,pneumatic wedging guns, sanders, saws, etc.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include closevision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, andability to adjust focus.
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to learn
- Bonus Points:
- Electro/ Mechanical diploma (2yrs)
- Minimum 1 year of related generator winding experience.
About the Team
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Check out this video to learn more about our Gas Service business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html
Check out this video to learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment. Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture and a healthy work- life balance
- Flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible benefits and savings programs
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell vacation
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
- Diversity and inclusivity focused
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html