A Snapshot of Your Day**
The Global Mobility Management (GMM) team is looking for a confident, business-oriented lawyer for international labor law and immigration, who is a strategic thinker with strong interpersonal skills. Focus is to provide outstanding consulting to all GMM stakeholders and advise on complex legal topics that may occur in international assignments. Additional focus is on determining international labor law and immigration implications and the overall risk management for the region
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Consult and advise on international labor law and immigration for global assignments including cross-border intra-group employee leasing
- Assume governance function including risk management for the area of international labor law and immigration, cooperation with internal and external stakeholders and authorities
- Monitor company immigration processes for accuracy to maintain compliance across the Company, definition of measures for quality improvement
- Definition of Business Models and Business Project Concepts by providing international labor law and immigration advise in a joint team with other internal stakeholders https://e.g., Tax Department, check feasibility and guide the business and “GM operations”
- Stay current with laws, regulations and procedures, ensure know-how management and internal communication
- Strong cooperation with experts in Corporate Tax Law, HR Tax Law, International Social Security Law, mobility management. Strong interface function to the assignment processes
- Escalation Management
- Establish and maintain an immigration law networks within and outside Siemens Energy and a network with key business stakeholders
- Act as consultant on our global mobility immigration program, and recommend best practices in accordance with our established policies to HR business partners and managers
- Partner with Global Mobility immigration vendors
What You Bring
- You have more than 5 years of professional experience in international labor law and immigration as a lawyer or a strong legal background
- Furthermore, a solid background on global mobility topics, preferably in international cross border project business
- Strategic thinking, recognize connections between the different areas (tax, social security, immigration etc.), ability to work self-organized within interdisciplinary and international teams
- The successful applicant will demonstrate a high level of business acumen both in terms of commercial analysis and current trends.
- You can understand, analyze and interpret local and international regulations in English, assess and consult on complex legal topics.
- You have experience in project management, and you are keen to develop that skill.
- You have a high level of intercultural sensitivity enabling you to coordinate and motivate international teams to the best of their potential.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
About the Team
In this role you will be working within the Human Resources function - Global Mobility Management, a team responsible for one of the largest, most complex global mobility programs in the world. Our team is responsible for guaranteeing the compliant, rapid and economically viable cross-border movement of Siemens Energy employees to job sites and foreign offices around the world. You will receive the trust and empowerment to be successful.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Remote/Flexible working
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave