A Snapshot of your Day
- Ensure work safety and follow all rules and procedures; work area is kept clean and organized
- Complete all required safety training
- Report all Near Misses, First Aids and Incidents to Supervisor
- Conduct Process / Behavior Audits (PDAs) and report any safety concerns observed
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings; Attend and participate in all toolbox meetings
- Required to use all hand tooling, torches, milling machines and boring mills, precision measuring equipment and rigging and lathes; there is also overhead crane use
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of mechanical equipment issues
- Complete all jobs in a timely manner
- Support Lead Hand Millwright and / or Machinist in all functional areas
- Verify measurements of other millwrights’ work to meet ISO requirements
- Fill out all required work documents including Specification in Process Record, Daily Work Progress, Assessments, Routings, and Timesheets
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Key team member completing equipment repairs
- Contribute to maintain highest level of Safety & Quality standards
What You Bring
- 2+ years of Machinist experience is required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Ability to read and follow blueprints is required
- Ability to consistently utilize precision measurement tools to https://0.0005”
- Ability to operate manual Lathe/VTL/ and/or Horizontal Boring and Milling Machine
- Ability to lift 30 kg / 75 lbs
- Strong attention to detail
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits