Construction Project Manager
Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrows needs today.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated road infrastructure, construction project manager to join our project team.
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Technical Project Mana**ger to join our project team in Miami, Florida**. Successful candidates will have spent at least 10 years in progressively responsible positions in ITS solutions and transportation infrastructure projects exceeding $10M in budget. Ideal candidates will have experience working on public construction projects in Florida with the related skills for project controls (cost and risk management), claims management, quality control and commissioning for construction projects.
With experience in managing road infrastructure engineering and construction on construction projects for Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) and Smart Cities solutions they will be responsible for leading project teams during project execution and meet business goals and customer satisfaction by executing the project on time and in budget.
The role requires a proven track record of solid leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the transportation industry.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- MBA or M.S. degree preferred with specialization in ITS
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license
- 10 years of industry experience, i.e. managing ITS projects and/or public construction projects, which involve electrical and mechanical, engineering and/or industrial power construction with focus on complex facility infrastructure construction, renovations, retrofits, upgrades, building controls and automation, energy services, and renewable technology is highly desirable
- PMP certification, PMI
- Outstanding communication, leadership, interpersonal and customer intimacy skills
- Understanding of fundamentals of traffic signal control systems, road infrastructure engineering and road construction
- Oversee the engineering, procurement and construction for a large-scale road construction deployment of vehicle (including bicycle) and pedestrian detection at signalized intersections towards providing fully actuated control as well transit signal priority and adaptive signal control
- This includes data collection, design and engineering, field deployment, testing and commissioning, documentation and training as well as other activities necessary to deliver a complete ITS solution
- Deliver project on time, in budget and in line with required quality
- Coordinate with internal departments and external partners
- Successfully deliver the project based on customer requirements and Siemens (PM@Siemens) project management guidelines
- Lead project teams and direct subject matter experts, support functions, and third-party partners to execute customer projects and achieve project targets
- Interface and communicate with the customer, suppliers and subcontractors on all project related topics, risks and opportunities
- Performs detailed planning of the work packages, the resources needed and time schedule. Organizes and supervises the interface, requirements and configuration management
- Ensures compliance with regards to technical, deadlines, commercial and qualitative project targets in consideration of guidelines
- Defines the technical measurement criteria and control factors for the project
- Identifies early deviations in the project and problem causes and proposes sustainable solutions
- Apply both PMP and Professional Engineering principles
- Professional and eloquent communication with vendors, subcontractors, engineering consultants and customers
- Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project
milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from project start
to final project acceptance
Drive all external and internal offer approval and release requests and processes in
expedited manner and with highest quality
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.