Fire Alarm & Security System Field Technicians - Greater Boston, MA & Hartford, CT
Were hiring Fire Alarm & Security Systems Field Technicians to join our growing New Construction & Service teams in Massachusetts and Connecticut! As Fire Alarm & Security Technicians, you will be responsible for the installation/expansion/maintenance/service of either Commercial Fire Alarm or Security Systems (Card Access, CCTV, and Intrusion) for customers depending on which team youre a part of (New Construction or Service). While our main branches are located in Canton, MA and Cromwell, CT, your focus will be on some of the most prominent properties in the North/West/South Boston and Greater Hartford areas, you will help shape and influence the smart buildings of tomorrow!
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our companys success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments and so, we are creating perfect places. Were looking to empower people who want to take on the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you? We invite you to join our team!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Provide direction and leadership to a high performing, customer focused team
- Install, maintain, or service Commercial Fire Alarm or Security Systems (access control and IP video systems)
- Supervise subcontractors and/or coordinate with electricians/general contractors in the process of installing systems (for New Construction)
- Perform system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementingmodifications as necessary for positions in our Solutions/Installations group
- Make recommendations regarding systems installations
- For Service positions, conduct testing and inspect systems under maintenance agreements, respond and carry out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems
Participate in On-Call assignments / schedules on a team rotational basis
What you need to bring:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency a minimum requirement
- Experience in the installation and/or the maintenance and repair of Commercial Security or Fire Alarm Systems
- The ability to obtain State of MA or CT - Certificate of Clearance (if applicable)
- Electrical License in the appropriate state (MA or CT) preferred, however, we would also consider an experienced Field Installation Technician who is either in process of obtaining their Electrical License or is willing to obtain it
- The ability to lift and carry seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted
- A valid Drivers license in good standing with limited violations, along with being at least 21 years of age, in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Legal authorization for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer sponsorship to work in the United States
What you will receive:
- Ownership Culture and Career options!
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay/Paid Parental Leave
Extra Employee Discounts
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.