Location Management Business Administrator - Siemens Real Estate
Siemens Real Estate (SRE) is responsible for the professional management of Siemens real estate portfolio worldwide. This includes the acquisition, setup of new commercial/industrial real-estate, renovations, disposition of locations and servicing customers with a broad set of service offerings.
In the United States Siemens Real Estate manages ~ 9 million square feet of space at ~ 300 locations. To effectively manage this large real estate portfolio, it has been divided into two Asset Management Areas or AMAs: East and West. Each Asset Management Area has a leader and a business administrator (BA) counterpart. The asset management area is further sub-divided into three Location Management Units. This position is for the Location Management Unit Business Administrator who will financially support the leaders of the location management units reporting directly to the Asset Management Unit Business Administrator.
You will beresponsible for supporting the AMA BA Head with the commercial execution within the Location Management Unit, focusing on the operational business and ensuring the commercial correctness of the related financial statements.You will also beresponsible for monitoring and managing the lease portfolio within the Asset Management Area (AMA) within the US and ensuring compliance with documents, payment of obligations with the Global Support Center and Siemens Shared Services.
- Responsible for ensuring completed lease documentation is received, reviewed, processed and correctly set up for payment and administration, monitor monthly critical date report which shows expirations, renewal options, termination options, etc. per location
- Responsible for day to day administration of leases, receiving and responding to all vendor inquiries pertaining to recurring and non-recurring lease payments and other lease related questions, interfacing directly with the landlord on any rent related disputes arising from the interpretation of the lease and follow through until the issue is resolved
- Responsible for operating expense reconciliation for leased locations, verify landlord true ups and clarify cost positions, perform desktop audits of annual true-up and annual estimates utilizing current and historical information for locations when this applies, review landlord related variable invoices, request supporting back-up, verify lease language, and forward for approvals and payment
- Supporting the preparation of new external lease contracts, extensions, amendments and verify / evaluate the respective IFRS16 impact on balance sheet, cash and profit & loss under consideration of lease incentives
- Support the Location Management Unit to prepare the internal GOSAs and ensure that the calculated prices for net rent, operating expenses and services cover all costs
- Supporting the development of bottom up financial planning and alignment with target setting for the Location Management Unit
- Supporting the creation and alignment of financial forecast, monitoring and analyze the monthly business development and ensure accuracy of local financial figures, prepare variance commentary on a monthly basis to budget and forecast
- Provides finance support to project teams including project cost tracking, project analysis, status of contracts, open commitments and project close out
- Supporting the financial reporting for the Location Management Unit, KPI measurement and tracking, and general analysis
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline
- More than 5 years work experience with finance background
- Knowledge of lease administration especially understanding of commercial lease contracts (office and industrial), experience with tenant related management of leases and operating expense
- Real Estate expertise, Commercial Property Accounting
- Knowledge of business administration and financial management, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and controlling
- Understands and utilizes financial data and information to make sound business decisions that promote cost effectiveness and profitability
- Functional knowledge in use of MS Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) and other Cloud based tools
Excellent communication skills, social competency, ability to multi-task, prioritize work and follow-up to completion
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of Siemens Real Estate business, organization, processes and tools
- Willingness and openness for ongoing business challenges, new technology, agile working environment
Organization: Siemens Real Estate
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.