Manufacturing Engineer New Product Introduction
Westmoreland County, PA
Manufacturing Engineer New Product Introduction
Siemens Large Drives, New Kensington, is the leader in Variable Frequency Drives, delivering best-in class product to our customers. We have a strong focus on safety, quality and continual improvement throughout our business.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, focused on New Product Introductions, theprimary responsibility will be toensure readiness for the production factory. The Engineer works closely with the Production, Quality, and Product Development teams to ensure all required equipment and processes are ready according to the production and/or project schedules. In addition, the Engineer ensures the manufacturability and testability of new products and implements safe processes/procedures utilizing lean methodologies.
Responsibilities of this position will include those typical of a Manufacturing Engineer. These tasks include analyzing data related to proper utilization of company labor, equipment, materials and facilities. Performing complex planning of equipment layout, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain optimum and safe utilization of plant resources.
- Supports and monitors status of all new products and ensure effective execution of projects in accordance with the Siemens standards, procedures and guidelines
- Analyzes new product manufacturability/testability, defines manufacturing and test strategies, and delivers solutions to production
- Supports development of Product Cost Structures, Routings, and production Bill of Materials
- Prepares project timelines and coordinate with all stakeholders and ensure timely release of quality product
- Assists Project Leaders and manage integration of all products according to product lifecycle
- Reviews engineering designs, documentation, specifications, schematics, Bill of Materials, for completeness, clarity, manufacturability and testability
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space and tools requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency and in accordance with Lean Manufacturing principles
- Actively participates in the design phase of product to ensure lean manufacturing methods are utilized
- Manages the design, development, construction, validation and commissioning of assembly/test apparatus and methods to ensure that product functionality meets design and quality specifications
- Supports manufacturing and quality assurance with root cause analysis on assembly, test and quality issues
- Provides first line technical support to manufacturing with focus on new products and existing products as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments
- Strong technical knowledge in electronic product testing, manufacturing processes and techniques related to electronics and electro-mechanical assembly
- Considerable experience utilizing problem solving tools & quality assurance methodologies including Plan-Do-Check-Act (A3), 8D, Kaizen, Lean Cell Design, Error-Proofing, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, 5-Why, Ishikawa, etc.
- Experience with SAP is preferred but not essential
- Effective communication skills. Ability to present clear and concise information and to tailor information to the needs of the audience
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment
- Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal supervision
- Work well in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
- Typically, 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.