Motor Tester (3 Phase) 2nd Shift
Hamilton County, OH
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow! Join our team as a Motor Tester where you will perform complex mechanical and electrical testing of 3 phase electric motors that range in size of 200 HP - 20000 HP! This position will be in our Norwood, OH facility on 2nd shift where you will join the local collective bargaining union. You will train on first shift until fully qualified in your new role.
What are your responsibilities?
- Testing to ensure that the manufacturability, quality, and safety requirements are attainable in the motor test process.
- Ensures accuracy and availability of complex procedures to support product modifications and testing.
- Perform complex testing for the Large Drives product line and reports directly to the Test Department Supervisor.
- Interpret drawings, specifications, work center and manufacturing methods.
- Measure and record dimensions using measuring equipment related to processes.
- Perform and sign off on all QA and test operations using quality/computer programs.
- Follow appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Ensure motor matches the accompanying drawings and documentation.
- Use any and all equipment necessary to test motor, example (multimeter, meggar, hipot, PLC, HMI, computer, data collection, power analyzer.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 Two years of electrical training or equivalent professional experience.
- 4-6 years of manufacturing experience.
- Experience with various types of measuring equipment: Micrometers, Calipers, Thread gauges, etc.
- Experience in the manufacturing and testing of large 3 phase electric motors.
- Ability to operate generators, transformers, variable speed drives
- Ability to work safely with 120 volts thru 13800 volts
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Must meet all physical job requirements.
- Adhere to all outlined section and operational processes and procedures.
What additional knowledge/experience or training will assist you in this role?
- Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of Total Productive Maintenance systems.
- Knowledge of machine finishes and runout.
- Knowledge of special test equipment: Potential Transformers, Current Transformer, Torque Transducers, Vibration Transducers etc.
- Experience with AC/DC generators, switch gear, variable speed drives, PLCs, HMIs .
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.