Senior Testing and Commissioning Engineer / Technician
King County, WA
Our Rail Electrification- Senior Testing and Commissioning Technician/Engineer isresponsible for the safe and effective delivery of all on-site survey, construction, installation, test and commissioning activities (referred to as Works thereafter). In this important role, you will carry out testing and commissioning of rail electrification equipment and systems as instructed or directed by the Systems Testing & Commissioning Manager. The position is based in Seattle, Washington.
- Maintain a full time presence in the city of Seattle, Washington from initial design to Substantial Completion
- Carrying out tests in accordance with test procedures
- Completion of test documentation
- Ensuring that equipment is in accordance with the design and specifications
- Diagnosing and repairing wiring or equipment faults
- Liaising with installation / project engineers / testing & commissioning engineers etc.
- Undertake work in accordance with test plans and risk assessments
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
- Responsible for seeking continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with Siemens values
- Liaise with the Commercial Project Manager(s) to ensure that change, delays, disruption, completion, defects or other commercial aspects are dealt with where required
- Escalate and report issues to the Systems Testing and Commissioning Manager, Technical Manager or Head of Engineering as soon as such become apparent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Design / Type Testing, Factory Integration Testing (FIT) and Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) and Site Integration Testing (SIT) as required
- Willingness to travel across North America for short assignments/ TC jobs
- Willingness to relocate to Seattle, WA
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Technical Diploma
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (preferred)
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Construction Management (preferred)
- Project Management qualification
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.