to reach their full potential.
Drives (Non-CDL)-box truck or van over various routes to deliver products or materials. Ensures exceptional customer satisfaction with each delivery made.
- Make deliveries to customer job sites or sites of business while adhering to all safety procedures.
- Load and unload materials, make deliveries, and return undelivered material to the warehouse.
- Check quantities of goods received and obtain proper signatures for deliveries.
- Make deliveries of merchandise to customers, other QED branch locations and/or to final destination.
- Project a positive company image when delivering directly to our customers.
- Assist with the scheduling, loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Inspect truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Be responsible for general care and maintenance of the vehicle assigned to driver.
- Check items assembled to make certain the proper items are being delivered as per the sales ticket.
- Knowledge of electrical goods is important and the truck driver is expected to acquire this knowledge for positive identification of delivered items.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations, particularly the hazards encountered with driving a truck.
- Maintain a good driving record and be properly licensed.
- Understand and abide by the Federal Highway Administration Rules and Regulations for drivers where applicable. Maintain driver log according to DOT regulations.
- Keep accurate records and submits expense reports for reimbursement of expenditures as required.
- Have a good working knowledge of the delivery area served.
- Schedule all necessary deliveries and pick-ups of materials and packages for company using the most efficient and effective means.
- Ability to assist warehouse personnel with the following, but not limited to: warehouse housekeeping duties, withdrawal of merchandise to fill orders, packaging and labeling of orders, storing and shelving of merchandise, relocation and/or rearrangement of stock as required.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Schedule: 5:30am-2:00pm (Monday-Friday)
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing personnel and work activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Must be a team player and abide by QED’s strong core values and beliefs.
Benefit eligibility after 30 days of employment including several company paid benefits
401(k) eligibility with competitive company match
Access to wellness rewards, discount plans, paid parental leave and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
Vacation, Holidays, Personal/Sick Days, Jury Duty, Bereavement Days
Work in a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate associates with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Sonepar is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Sonepar follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Learn more about QED HERE!