on, shipment coordination, special quotations and order expediting. In addition, this position is the liaison between the customer and other distributor departments, including Credit, Purchasing, Warehouse, Outside Sales and Management.
- Interacts with customers via phone to sell products and services, to assist customers in their selections, and to provide price and availability information.
- Enters, tracks, bills, and expedites direct and stock customer orders, backorders, and vendor purchase orders, including stock transfers when appropriate.
- Monitors job queues and takes appropriate action to troubleshoot and resolve items.
- Processes direct material return information and requests vendor returns.
- Enters credits generated by vendor pricing adjustments, shipping adjustments, etc.
- Prepares small quotes for customer projects and documents appropriately.
- Conducts customer follow-up on all quotations in an attempt to secure the order.
- Successfully interprets specifications and reads electrical blueprints.
- Answers and manages incoming phone calls, including checking and responding to voice messages.
- Monitors and responds to electronic messaging (Outlook & Eclipse) in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Maintains an accurate follow-up system for actively tracking promises made to customers and expediting deliveries to assure that materials are delivered as scheduled.
- Provides customer with appropriate product and substation information to assure customer is equipped with the knowledge needed to make an informed purchase.
- Resolves customer concerns.
- Develops product knowledge and understands product applications.
- Maintains current knowledge of products inventoried, including appropriate product substitutions.
- Develops and maintains appropriate manufacturer contacts.
- Negotiates special pricing contracts and accurately documents.
- Exchanges customer needs information in a timely fashion with Outside and Inside Sales Associates, Office Manager, Quotations Manager, Branch Manager and Corporate Purchasing staff.
- Supports other branches in their efforts to secure and facilitate customer orders.
- Provides back-up to Counter Sales function as needed or assigned.
- Attends product sales meetings to develop product knowledge.
- Performs other duties assigned for workload balance and/or skill development; see attached.
- Performs other duties as instructed or required to successfully complete the job.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with secondary or post-secondary coursework concentrated in sales/marketing, or equivalent on the job experience as determined by Springfield Electric.
- At least two (2) years of electrical or distribution experience and/or product and application knowledge.
- Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions/calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal formats.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, including an ability to plan and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proven attentiveness to detail coupled with problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Proven proficiency in data entry and 10-key pad.
- Proven proficiency in general personal computer applications, as well as in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Previous Sales work experience.
- Completion of EDGE and EPEC Bronze and Silver Levels or commitment to complete such training within 18 months of starting job assignment.
Physical Ability Requirements
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, adding machine, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally climb a ladder and step stool.
- Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
This job description is intended to be a summary of the scope of the responsibilities, essential functions and requirements of this position. It is not considered an inclusive listing of the work requirements and duties an individual may perform in this position. Springfield Electric reserves the right to modify/update the functions and requirements of this description.
Why work for Richards Electric?
At Richards Electric, we take great pride in being Powered by Difference. At Richards our mission is to create a positive experience for both our customers and our associates. We provide excellent customer service and we promote an inclusive family atmosphere at our organization. Whether you’re just starting your career or have built up your expertise over the years, we can provide opportunities to expand your industry experience and help take our business to another level.
Our Competitive Benefits?
401K Plan, Competitive Medical Plans (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Life Insurance and a Definitive Career Path.
About Richards Electric
Richards Electric Supply has been helping customers power homes, businesses, and cities by supplying quality electrical products and exceptional customer service since the company opened its doors in 1937. Over eighty years later, Richard's maintains the same customer-focused values with an increased emphasis on technology, innovation, and solution-oriented service. These, paired with one of the most extensive product inventories in the Midwest, top-notch logistical services, and a knowledgeable sales staff, make Richards Electric one of the premier companies in its industry. As part of Sonepar, a worldwide leader in electrical distribution, we now have a global reach that allows us to offer excellent benefits and develop innovative solutions, while maintaining our strong local roots and close-knit culture.
Stay up to date with Richards Electric, follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Sonepar is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Sonepar follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.