or impairments. The NOC manager uptime and availability of platforms, elements, and services within the network.
The NOC operates 24x7x365. The NOC provides input/feedback to the engineering teams to improve end-user experience, NOC tools/monitoring, new network products/services, and refinement/improvement of existing network products/services. The NOC is responsible for interfacing with multiple internal and external teams, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of any and all reported or identified network issues.
- Analyze engineering documentation and design for acceptance into the network and subsequently take ownership of those products/services to include circuit testing using RFC-2544, https://Y.1564, or https://Y.1731 (as needed).
- Ensure that network standards, policies, and procedures are being adhered to such as naming standards, design standards/methodologies, port assignment, and base configuration.
- Understand routing and switching in a service provider network to include protocols such as VLAN (C-VLAN and S-VLAN), MPLS, E-VPN, ECMP, BGP, SIP, SNMP, and OSPF.
- Manage the network monitoring system (NMS) to include importing new devices into the NMS platform and ensuring that alerting of that NMS is properly managed/responded to.
- Maintain existing deployed Gigabit Passive Optical network to include configuration of that technology and its related end-user endpoints, to include scheduled upgrades to those products.
- Maintain and update network documentation by following ITIL change management practices for documentation and tracking purposes.
- Manage the ticket queue and ensure that all reported issues are documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitor customer networks via the monitoring platform to verify validity of alerts and accurately identify customer impact.
- Manage network outages dispatching appropriate technicians to facilitate repair/restoral of the network, escalating issues to vendor support to engineering support as needed, and acting as a liaison between disparate teams to ensure that information is flowing freely between all stakeholders.
- Perform network maintenance on existing networks to include Method of Procedure (MOP) writing and execution while minimizing end-user impact.
- Perform configuration and acceptance of network equipment being deployed to support new services areas within an existing network.
- Maintain critical network sparing inventory.
- Perform network troubleshooting to quickly and accurate identify the root cause of a network outage/impairment and work the issue until resolution engaging other teams as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of a service provider or large enterprise networks in a multi-node, full mesh, network topology.
- Understanding of router/switch from Cisco, Juniper, Ciena, Nokia or Equivalent.
- Understanding of routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, ISIS.
- Understanding of Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (G-PON).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network devices with a command line interface (CLI)
- Understanding of Network Monitoring systems.
- Understanding of Carrier Grade NAT (CG-NAT)
- Understanding of IPv4 or IPv6 networks and IP routing.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of layer 2 technologies
- Understanding of technology or feature testing in a lab and other environments
- Experience working in a structured environment that requires change control processes in accordance with company policies, for execution of implementations and changes to the network environment.
- Experience interacting with end-users to engage in active troubleshooting of home/small business networks.
- Experience interacting with vendors to facilitate repair/replacement/restoral of network hardware.
- Strong computer software skills to include MS Office, IP configuration, Putty.
- Eager to learn new technologies.
- Strong understanding of the OSI model.
- Understanding of Juniper router/switch is a plus.
- Understanding of DZS/Zhone GPON platforms is a plus.
- Understanding of Mikrotik router/switch is a plus.
- Understanding of SIP is a plus.
- Linux/Server experience is a plus.
- Understanding of any transport network equipment is a plus.
Why work for Irby?
Irby Utilities is a crucial link in the distribution chain, connecting manufacturers to their customers in electrical power, natural gas, and broadband services. Our team delivers end-to-end solutions through logistical and operational support, sales and account management, project services, data analysis, and more. We firmly attribute our success to our people in each of these fields, and we are constantly advancing our skills and abilities.
Our Competitive Benefits?
401K Plan, Competitive Medical Plans (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation and Personal, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, Long-term and Short-term Disability, and Life Insurance.
Irby Utilities is one of the three largest electrical utility distribution companies in the United States, with over $https://1.5 Billion in annual sales and 700 employees across more than 45 branches in 27 states. We have experienced incredible growth over the past five years, presenting many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations such as: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, Denver, Salt Lake City, Portland and Minneapolis.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
Stay up to date with Irby, follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Sonepar is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Sonepar follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.