Your next career opportunity
At Independent Electric a Sonepar Company, successful Associates drive and promote our mindset of Adapt, Dare and Learn. We are focused on building customer centric strategies, inspiring, empowering and developing our associates who adapt to change and drive and deliver results.
JOB PURPOSE: To promote and generate sales of electrical equipment and supplies by attracting and retaining customers, promoting supplier relationships, meeting the customer demand with appropriate supply and providing customers with expert advice on products and applications in the electrical field. Enhance profitability by meeting or exceeding sales objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Promote and generate sales of gas and/or electrical equipment and supplies.
• Develop and maintain business relationships with customers, and prospective customers, by providing support, information, and product information
• Resolve customer issues.
• Provide technical product application support for customer
• Negotiate services and contracts provided to customers.
• Develop sales opportunities from existing accounts.
• Sell gas products by establishing contacts and developing relationships with all customer buying influences.
• Work closely with suppliers to identify new and profitable business.
• Progressively manage and maintain contacts with established customers and source new business through prospecting new customers.
• Promote and sell IU products in compliance with all company pricing policies and instructions, to achieve maximum gross margin rate
• Effectively communicate with inside sales personnel on quotes, new opportunities and existing business.
• This position has no supervisory responsibility.
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
• Two to four years of relevant business or industry-specific experience.
• Broad knowledge of product line and pricing.
• Proven ability to learn our business and to work independently to achieve goals.
• Negotiation skills along with the ability to sell and be persuasive
• Broad knowledge of business administration, sales, and marketing.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Acceptable driving record.
• Excellent phone, customer service and written/oral communication skills.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
LICENSES AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 0-10%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance. The employee will frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK LOCATION: Onsite/Remote
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work for Independent Electric?
At Independent Electric we embrace what makes us unique. We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the different ways each of us contributes to our success. What keeps us at the forefront of progress? Our people. No matter where they work or who they are, we trust in their individual skills and qualities and give them everything they need to reach their full potential.
401K Plan, Competitive Medical Plans (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, Long term and Short term disability, Life Insurance and a Definitive Career Path.
About Independent Electric
Independent Electric opened in 1976 with ten employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech aerospace industry. Today, Independent Electric operates 16 electrical supply branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area, Central Valley, Central Coast and 7 locations throughout Arizona. Independent Electric focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool & safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet specific customer needs. Employing more than 550 people and managing over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, Independent Electric is one of the strongest electrical distributors in the markets we serve.
In August 2011, Independent Electric was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
Stay up to date with Independent Electric, follow us on:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Sonepar is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Sonepar follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Sonepar USA is an independent, family-owned business with global market leadership in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial and safety products, services, and solutions. It is a proud member of the Sonepar Group, the world's largest electrical distributor. Sonepar entered the US in 1998 and has continued to grow due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Today, Sonepar serves the market through a network of companies with over 700 locations nationwide. For more information, visit soneparusa.com.