At a glance:
- Are you a technically sophisticated professional that specializes in troubleshooting and supporting commercial Optical, Carrier, VIP and fiber-based products?
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to clients from within our Network Operations Center?
- Do you desire a competitive compensation with lucrative benefits a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise’s industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
Using your sharp technical skills and client-centric focus, you perform front line operations and engineering support to ensure uninterrupted services within our Network Operations Center (NOC). As the NOC Technician, you effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues related to commercial Optical, Carrier, VIP and fiber-based products. You propel success through accurate diagnostics and efficient repairs using advanced deployment and break-fix methodologies.
With a no-task-is-too-small approach and under minimal supervision, you execute routine functions in technical areas and troubleshoot escalations. You thrive in an office environment and excel at completing projects in a timely manner. Depending on the business unit, you may operate on-call as part of a 24/7 network operations environment. You report to the Manager of the Network Operations Center for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on Spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by actively and consistently supporting all technical efforts to enhance and simplify the client experience.
- Drive the operations center efficiency by performing routine and documented functions and troubleshooting escalations.
- Encourage reliable service through 24/7 shift-coverage surveillance or basic triage based on fundamental technical concepts.
- Ensure accuracy of master service agreements (MSAs) and service lease agreements (SLAs) through service monitoring, assurance and reliability for carrier and commercial clients.
- Resolve undocumented or highly complex issues by identifying and executing processes and procedures and escalating them to higher level technical resources as needed.
- Maximize project productivity through collaboration with other groups and communicating issues and project status.
Required keys for success:
- Basic understanding of Cisco-based commands and use.
- Familiar with high-speed data, digital Video, video on demand (VOD), switch, local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) networking, open system interconnect (OSI), model and routing protocols, to include border gateway protocol (BGP), open shortest path first (OSPF), routing information protocol (RIP), enhanced interior gateway routing Protocol (EiGRP) and interior gateway routing protocol (IGRP).
- Advanced knowledge of multi-system operator (MSO), Telecommunications technologies, hybrid fiber-coax (HFC) and client premise equipment (CPE) devices used in cable.
- In-depth understanding of domain name system (DNS), dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP), email systems and element management systems, such as CISCO CTM and CTC, AlcatelSAM and NetAnalyst.
- Proficient in inventory tools, such as Granite and Nakina, monitoring tools, like Netcool, Big Brother, HP Openview and Unified, ticketing systems, such as Remedy and XMatter and MSO billing systems, like ICOMS and CSG.
- Experience monitoring or provisioning in engineering or technical operations, optical, TDM, Ethernet, multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) and internet protocol (IP) routing.
- Comprehension of fundamental technical concepts with analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Interpersonal communicator with effective issue resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability using email, ticketing systems, web portals and technology-specific diagnostic tools.
- Ability to read and follow documented processes and procedures.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Two or more years of event management experience.
- Cell tower back-haul or commercial experience.
- Experience with Juniper, Alcaltel, Cisco, Adva and JSDU equipment.
- Proficient with Adva FSP NM, Spirent, JDSU QT and JDSU Centest.
- Understanding of fault isolation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable of maintenance, service and installation.
- Associate Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Cisco certified network associate (CCNA), Cisco certified network professional (CCNP) or Juniper network certified internet professional (JNCIP) certifications (preferred).
ENO101 334615 334615BR