At a glance:
- Are you a technically sophisticated security engineer skilled at monitoring, detecting and alerting on potential security threats and vulnerabilities?
- Can you commit to a role leading and coordinating resolutions to network issues?
- Do you desire a challenging role with a competitive salary and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise’s industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You focus on maintaining client satisfaction and continuous uptime for Spectrum Enterprise’s signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. As a Security Engineer IV, you excel at monitoring, detecting and alerting leadership on potential security threats and vulnerabilities. You accurately and quickly detect vulnerabilities and risks through close collaboration with engineering and technical operations teams. You accelerate remediation efforts by leading and coordinating the incident response process to network security operations alerts.
You ensure a successful resolution through detailed communication of remediation efforts and event status to security management. You combine your expertise and knowledge of company objectives to develop detailed security policies, standards, configurations and countermeasures. You excel at identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles to see network security restored efficiently and effectively. You thrive in an office position working with multiple internal teams. Depending on the business unit, you may have to contribute as part of a 24/7 work environment. You report directly to the Senior Director of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on Spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence by actively and consistently supporting all processes to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Correlate security relevant systems and application log data to alert and report on potential security events through the design and implementation of queries and use cases.
- Drive the security event incident response lifecycle for all cyber security events, to include providing timely updates to security management.
- Improve existing security operations by implementing, maintaining and monitoring threat intelligence data from various relevant resources.
- Identify security-related risks by proactively hunting for threats and vulnerabilities.
- Mitigate risks through the development and coordination of security countermeasures with the necessary organizations.
- Reinforce network security by recommending policies, standards and configuration to the Security Governance Committee.
- Ensure successful resolutions to security events by leading and performing advanced forensic analysis and data evidence gathering.
- Bolster network security by recommending, designing and implementing security systems and tools used by Network Security Operations to provide ongoing system support.
- Support new projects through the development of security requirements and performing testing prior to going into production.
- Perform ongoing security testing on critical assets through coordination with third-party service providers.
- Maximize the department through coordination of engagements with third-party service providers to perform ongoing security penetration testing and ethical hacking on critical assets.
- Maintain compliance by adhering to industry-specific local, state and federal regulations and complying with security standards, policies and procedures for all security events.
Required keys for success:
- Four or more years of information security operations experience.
- Five or more years of IT or network experience.
- Five or more years of information security experience.
- Expert in network and system security vulnerabilities and exploits.
- In-depth understanding of security exploits prevention, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to security incidents.
- Knowledgeable of forensic methodologies and best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response.
- Advanced knowledge in network security, transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), data over cable service interface specification (DOCSIS), application and cloud security.
- Proficient in industry security standards and cyber-security frameworks.
- Experience in managing information security events and incidents for large, sophisticated networks.
- Proven track record of leading teams with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results.
- Advanced issue resolution and process orientation skills with the ability to balance competing priorities.
- History of managing teams and resources during complex and rapid change.
- Confident when presenting data to all levels of an organization.
- Effective written and spoken English communication with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Knowledge of Botnet and Denial of Service detection and remediation.
- Understanding of ethical hacking and penetration testing.
- Versed in security information and event management (SIEM).
- Adept at computer forensics.
- Experience with cyber-security risk management and assessment methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (required).
- Master’s degree in a related field (preferred).
- Certified information systems security professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), SANS or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) certification (preferred).
- Industry-specific certifications in firewall, intrusion detection systems and router engineering (preferred).
ESE360 334115-1 334115BR