At a glance:
- Are you a growth motivated manager talented in boosting sales by guiding the opportunity lifecycle and proposal development?
- Can you manage a team of Proposal Specialists to ensure they provide accurate sales team support and deliver timely responses to Federal Government Request for Proposals (RFPs)/Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Information (RFIs), IAW Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency supplements?
- Do you desire competitive compensation with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise’s industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You are passionate about improving sales through the management of the full Federal opportunity lifecycle. As the Senior Manager of Proposal Management, Federal Government, you lead a high-quality team that develops enticing client proposals and seizes on strategic opportunities for the Federal Market both as prime or subcontractor. You accelerate the sales cycle by collaborating with the Sales team on cross-functional efforts for specific client opportunities while working closely with Federal capture.
You mitigate risk by ensuring all proposal processes are established, updated and followed, and management reporting needs are met. You maximize the Sales team by serving as a point of escalation, interfacing with cross-functional areas and supporting client negotiation strategy sessions. You thrive in an office
environment managing your team and supporting sales experts. You report to the Director of Deal Management & Compliance for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on Spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Drive the sales process by managing a team of Proposal Managers and Senior Proposal Specialists through the coordination of end-to-end management of the sales opportunity lifecycle process.
- Submit lucrative proposals by obtaining documented approvals for special pricing, special terms, legal and contract issues, project management, engineering and operations.
- Obtain key stakeholder approvals and resolve critical issues with proposals and other opportunities through the facilitation of regular executive status meetings.
- Develop winning strategies and drive opportunities to successful completion through collaboration with Sales, Security, Contracts Compliance and Engineering leadership.
- Provide status and metric reports on key performance indicators, opportunities and associated project activities and results.
- Verify final content of final proposal submissions through in-depth reviews correcting grammar and formatting while ensuring accordance with RFP, RFQ and RFI instructions.
- Track and report on client account trends for leadership to leverage.
Required keys for success:
- Five or more years of experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Five or more years of project management or sales leadership experience.
- Seven or more years of experience with the telecommunications industry.
- Experience ensuring pricing compliance with all proposals and quotes and building FAR compliant proposals.
- Proven ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously while effectively prioritizing and resolving issues.
- History of working with multiple internal and external organizations to develop preferred positions and recommendations to drive opportunities to completion.
- Track record of facilitating the resolution of complex technical, financial, legal and process issues.
- Expert at identifying, quantifying and prioritizing risk throughout the opportunity management process.
- Confident when developing and delivering opportunity status presentations for executive level review.
- Thought leadership skills with the ability to develop or improve the opportunity management process.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to think clearly while dealing with complex challenges.
- Harmonious relationship building skills with client, co-workers and senior leadership.
- Sound judgment when recognizing the scope of authority and action required for a project with the ability to anticipate and respond to changing situations.
- Desire to develop a broad understanding of Spectrum Enterprise organization, processes and systems.
- Proven analytical leader requiring minimum direction with the ability to work within a diverse team and boundary partners.
- Solid organizational, prioritization and negotiation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, presentation tools and Salesforce.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Seven or more years of Federal proposal management experience.
- Experience developing offer management strategies and PWIN analysis.
- Fluent in government procurement, contracting, acquisition and FAR/DFARS regulations.
- Track record of building solid strategic partner relationships within the federal industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field (required).
- Master’s degree in business or finance (preferred).
- PMP certification (preferred).
- APMP proposal certification (preferred).
SAM600 334533 334533BR