Accounts Payable Manager
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Finance
- Location San Francisco, CA
We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to accept credit cards—and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since.
For sellers, we’re creating one cohesive service to run your entire business, from a register in your pocket to analytics on your laptop. For buyers, we’re making it faster to order from the businesses you love and more fun to pay your friends back.
Buying and selling sound like simple things—and they should be. Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard to make commerce easy for everyone.
The Square Finance team is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Manager. We continue to need strong accounting talent as our team and company grow. This role will play an integral part in the day-to-day operations and accounting close, with opportunities to work on a wide range of projects as the company scales.
- Lead the Accounts Payable team that is responsible for invoice processing, payments, corporate travel, and corporate credit cards
- Continuously improve processes to enable our business to scale Institute and maintain a strong internal control environment on business processes
- Work with suppliers and Square business partners to resolve purchasing, invoicing and payment issues
- Work closely with business systems teams on maintaining and improving underlying systems
- Assist the Accounting team with month-end accruals and account reconciliations
The desired candidate must be highly analytical and inquisitive with a keen attention to detail and willingness to be hands-on. The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills are required. An ideal candidate will be a process-oriented individual who is also flexible enough to thrive in a startup setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- A strong understanding of the purchasing process and purchase order lifecycle required
- Prior experience effectively hiring, motivating and managing a team required
- Passion for end to end process design and improvement
- Oracle (Payables, iProcurement) and Expensify experience a plus
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Prior experience scaling Accounts Payable internationally preferred
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology & knowledge of the industry