When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Renaissance is seeking an Accounting Manager that will lead and support the Finance and Accounting daily functions, including but not limited to, reviewing journal entries, reviewing reconciliations, leading the financial close and performing special projects to maximize the use of our financial systems. This position is responsible for ensuring that internal controls are in place and financial reporting is accurate and timely. The ideal candidate will be a team builder and day-to-day leader with the team, digging into the details as needed, but also empowering the team to lead initiatives and solve problems. They need to be good at pacing teams to meet deadlines, while also supporting accuracy and attention to details. They also need to be a good communicator and investing in the team to teach them, but also clearly describing expectations for the team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Lead the day-to-day accounting functions, including reviewing core accounting entries and general ledger reconciliations, ascertaining all key controls are followed and improving team’s processes.
· Partner with Assistant Controller and the Controller to ensure all daily responsibilities with the team are paced to meet deadlines.
· Establish clear processes around key controls, including journal entries and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
· Manage the monthly close process including analyzing the preliminary financial results and explain variances
· Responsible for maintaining and monitoring compliance of all internal control procedures in accounting, including preparation of documentation to support financial accounting policies and procedures.
· Support the Company’s internal and external auditors performing control testing, quarterly reviews and the annual audit, to ensure deadlines are met during the core audit both at interim and year end.
· Identify key risks and opportunities, and work across functions to provide solutions that drive process improvements and strengthen the control environment.
· Manage a team of accounting professionals, that includes their coaching, development and performance management.
· The Accounting Manager will perform other duties and special projects as assigned, including maximizing Net Suite, our general ledger system and leading integration work on acquisitions for the accounting team.
· Key partner with the Tax, Treasury, and Financial Planning and Analysis teams.
Education & Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Other General Skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/
As a global leader in assessment, reading, and math solutions for pre-K–12 schools and districts, Renaissance is committed to providing educators with insights and resources to accelerate growth and help all students build a strong foundation for success. Renaissance solutions are used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide. The Renaissance ...