Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management (PLM), manufacturing operations management (MOM), and electronic design automation (EDA) software, hardware, and services. Siemens works with more than 100,000 customers, leading the digitalization of their planning and manufacturing processes.
At Siemens Digital Industries Software, we blur the boundaries between industry domains by integrating the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. With the rapid pace of innovation, digitalization is no longer tomorrow’s idea. We take what the future promises tomorrow and make it real for our customers today. Where today meets tomorrow. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Siemens EDA is the longest standing Electronic Design Automation company in the world and over the last 30 years has amassed the finest technology portfolio in the business. Our software tools span the full breadth of semiconductor and electrical systems solutions including integrated circuit design and verification, PCB design & manufacturing solutions, cable harness design tools, and embedded software.
Siemens EDA has an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of the Build and Infrastructure Group for their flagship Calibre product. The group works on multiple areas of the Software Development Life Cycle including Source Code Management, building CI/CD pipelines, setting up and maintaining infrastructure both on-premises and on the cloud, licensing, clearing OSS, build and release management.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required • Experience with Linux operating systems strongly preferred
• Proficiency with Git and at least one scripting language (e.g., Bash, Python, Perl) preferred
• The candidate must exhibit a service-oriented attitude and be able to work effectively with a world-wide, multi-site development environment
• The candidate should have a strong desire for continuous improvement and have a passion for automation and making tasks repeatable
• This position requires excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
• The ability to work constructively and productively on a team, as well as alone, is essential
• This position requires the ability to complete assignments on schedule and present results
• The candidate should be resourceful, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative when appropriate
• A big plus would be experience with one or more of these:
▫ Web tools & technology
▫ Compilers & linkers
▫ Software debugging tools
▫ General networking and/or storage concepts, protocols and/or monitoring tools
▫ Unix/Linux administration
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Provide first-level support/triage for requests by actively participating in monitoring and updating our ticketing system
• Follow-up on tickets languishing ensuring they are handled/closed
• Assist with supporting management of confidential data and UNIX groups
• Assist with on-boarding new hires, e.g., disk space, h/w availability, VM creation, placement into correct UNIX groups
• Assist with VM creation and management as needed
• Make requested changes to UNIX groups and/or create, as needed
• Assist with account and environment cleanup for employees leaving the organization
• Drive OS, application, and hardware patches and updates; especially in scenarios that are challenging to upgrade because of tool dependencies and/or security concerns.
The salary range for this position is $30.96/hr to $55.72/hr and this role is eligible to earn another 3% in variable pay. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
#Atlas #LI-EDA #DISW #LI-Hybrid
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Onsite child care
Part time policy
Short term disability
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management (PLM), manufacturing operations management (MOM) and electronic design automation (EDA) software, hardware and services. Siemens products are used to manage or create more than 40 percent of the world’s 3D data. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh ...