people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
This position is a part of the Atlas Graduate Program with Siemens Electronic Design Automation (EDA). Through this program, you will receive 12 months of technical and non-technical training, mentorship from Siemens EDA executives and world-class engineers, and learn what it is like to work as part of a company that is solving software challenges in the area of electronic design automation.
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
You will join the Calibre modeling R&D team. This team of software developers is responsible for the design and implementation of the models and simulator at the core of the Calibre optical proximity correction (OPC), verification, source mask optimization (SMO), and inverse lithography (ILT) products.
• Research existing work in the field and applicable fields
• Develop novel solutions to complex problems
• Present detailed technical proposals to and lead discussions with peers and management
• Create proof of concept prototypes quickly in a scripting language
• Implement production ready software in C++
• Document new software in functional specifications
• Perform detailed, quantitative analysis of performance and quality of the software
• Create regression tests and regularly monitor the software performance and quality
• Quickly fix bugs in production software
• Prepare marketing materials for customer presentations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• https://B.S. or https://M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field
• Implement object-oriented software in C++
• Analyze data in Matlab or Python
• Work comfortably in Linux and with Microsoft Office programs Word, Power Point, and Outlook
• Compile information into clear documents or slides and present to peers, management, and customers
• Adherence to tenets of quality software development and craftsmanship
• Proven attention to detail, the ability to accurately estimate software tasks and to work to schedule
• Self-motivation, the desire to take technical ownership, and a results-driven positive attitude and team-orientation
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Developing machine learning models in TensorFlow
• Working in the semiconductor industry, specifically with lithography and optical proximity correction software
• Programming for GPU
If you reside in the Bay Area the salary range for this position is $https://38.31/hr to $https://68.99/hr and this role is eligible to earn another 3% in variable pay. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.https://benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
#Atlas #LI-EDA #DISW #LI-Hybrid
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.