ss the team. In a fast paced Agile environment, the position works across functional domains to apply their experiences and skills to varied engineering tasks including, but not limited to, specification design, programming, unit testing, code review, debugging, defect resolution, test design, test authoring, test automation, and documentation authoring. This position is located in Penang, Malaysia and reports to the local Development Manager. This is an individual contributor position.
The Software Engineer (Full Stack) is accountable for developing, testing and documenting new and modified functionality within the Opcenter Execution Core application under the supervision of a senior developer. The engineer is also expected to learn and work within various areas of the product including frameworks and tools such as Designer, Application Server, Portal and Portal Studio.
- Read, understand, and follow Detailed Design requirements based on software functional requirements.
- Implement and test functionality to support the Opcenter Execution platform and toolset.
- Contribute to the development of the components required ranging from simple to complex application features.
- Development and execution of unit tests to support ongoing development efforts.
- Maintain development environments in a multiple branch software code management system.
- Learn and understand the build, release, and patch creation process.
- Investigate and resolve reported defects.
- Deliver code and work that will be reviewed and approved by other developers.
- Interact and support members of the cross-functional implementation team
- Provide technical assistance to, and seek advice from, other team members
- Provide technical support to multiple teams including other cross-functional teams, global support, and services among others.
- Minimum 3 years of Full Stack experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Solid and demonstratable understanding of development in web-based applications and architectures.
- Solid and demonstratable understanding of developing tools, components, and platforms.
- Knowledge of the Scrum Agile methodology and related concepts and the role as a functional team member within that process.
- Solid and demonstratable understanding of building test automation and testing of commercial grade software.
- Willingness to build skills around software design, programming and debugging.
- Solid and demonstratable understanding of development languages such as C++ and C#.
- Must have knowledge of SQL and database technology and concepts (Oracle/SQL Server).
- Familiarity with Web Services and WCF technologies will be an added advantage.
- Comfortable with Web Based applications.
- Knowledge of NUnit or another unit testing framework will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of Source Control such as TFS and GIT will be good to have.
- Basic understanding of next generation virtualization and orchestration solutions using containerization including but not limited to Docker, Kubernetes, and Ranger will be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of cloud solutions including Amazon Web Services and related technologies will be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of Windows Server and Client operation systems will be an added advantage.
- Domain knowledge in manufacturing operations. Semiconductor andor Electronic Manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of software testing tools such as Quality Center, LoadRunner, Quick-Test-Pro, Microsoft Test Manager, Load Test, Coded UI, Cucumber, TFS (Team Foundation Server), Appium, SpecFlow, Selenium etc.
• Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related field is highly desired.
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.