Lead Data Engineer
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Technology
- Location Minneapolis, MN
As a data engineer, you will work as part of a small team to answer these types of questions and more, all with the potential to have a very broad impact at Target. Our office combines the freedom and agility of a startup with the security and vast resources of a large established company.
- BS degree; engineering/quantitative field.
- 2+ years academic or professional experience in application development.
- Experience building applications at scale - NoSQL, distributed file systems, and high-availability applications.
- Version control, particularly Git.
- Experience with SQL languages.
- Broad understanding of object-oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Comfortable with at least one scripting language (e.g., bash/python).
- Comfortable in *nix environment (e.g., ssh and standard commands).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Scala and/or Spark.
- Experience building production applications in a secure Hadoop environment.
- Experience with Kafka.
- Advanced in at least one functional programming language.
- Experience in a JVM language.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores (especially Cassandra).
- Contributions to large open-source projects.
- Master's in Computer Science or related field.
- PhD in any quantitative field.