nsures transactions are appropriately recorded in proper accounts, such as cost capitalizing vs. expensing and monthly closing. Researches discrepancies and makes corrections and updates as necessary
- Provides ongoing, proactive, specialized accounting advice and counsel to assigned lines of business to ensure clients are operating efficiently under applicable accounting rules and regulations
- Recognizes, identifies and investigates client accounting issues that need attention and offers accounting opinions based on research and knowledge and resolves problems
- Ensures client activities are in compliance with Company policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations
- Ensures monthly recording of income, expense and other financial transactions is accurate and timely
- Considers and explains risk management issues prior to implementation, such as determining how the accounting of new initiatives will be monitored and controlled; Coordinates revisions to accounting policy manual for policies within areas of expertise
- Performs a variety of research and analysis after the monthly financial closing, including determining business line results, calculating profitability, researching variances, investigating transaction types and appropriateness and other analyses
- Reviews account reconciliations, ensuring that the process is efficient, technically sound and complete and in compliance with applicable accounting guidelines and regulations; Ensures that reconciliations are done properly, including complex areas such as accounting requirements for mortgage servicing rights and determining loan income over the life of a volatile asset such as a loan subject to prepayment
- Analyzes accounting treatment of various transactions to ensure proper recording, including complex activities such as purchase accounting and amortization schedules for acquisitions
- Requires limited supervision, ability to interact with clients on a wide range of topics
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need accommodations to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@https://td.com. Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving across four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!