$200,000 - $260,000 annually
The ORM Segment Lead acts as a senior representative of the bank's second line of defense, with the responsibility and authority to challenge the first line regarding self-assessments and the application of risk management practices. Reports independent risk and control assessments to appropriate levels of governance and escalation.
- Provides people management leadership by hiring the best talent, setting goals, developing staff, managing employee performance and compensation decisions, promoting teamwork and handling any/all disciplinary actions, as required
- Responsible to ensure a strong, knowledgeable and independent Risk Management function within the segment, and to act as a liaison between the business and TD Bank Operational Risk Management setting forth the policies, processes and practices for the identification, assessment, reporting, mitigation, and control of operational risk
- Ensures an effective operational risk management framework and culture within assigned lines of business. Line of business alignment may include, but is not limited to Commercial, CSB, TDAF, Consumer Distribution, Consumer Product, Corporate and Control Functions, Payments, Shares Services, Cyber & Technology etc.
- Leading a team of Segment Risk Leads, the ORM Segment Lead maintains accountability for overseeing the implementation of Operational Risk Framework and programs within the first line of defense, as well as the effective challenge of risks and controls within the LOB's supported
- Within Corporate and Control functions oversight, a specific emphasis is required on Vendor and Technology/ Cyber risks, including establishing operational risk appetite and mitigation requirements for specific exposures, compliance with operational risk policies, comprehensive risk and control assessments, key process and root cause analyses, business continuity strategies, key risk indicators and analytics
- ORM Segment Lead accountabilities for Revenue Generating portfolios include but are not limited to accountability for the development and implementation of the Bank's Product Governance Framework and execution of NBPA and existing Product review programs
- Ensures that risk identification and assessment processes are well established and understood, and that all matters relating to material risks are communicated and escalated in a timely, accurate, and forthright manner and within the established governance framework
- Leads management reporting and supports TDBNA Board level reporting on the designated segments operational risk management strategy, risk appetite metrics and results as measured against risk appetite including reporting on risk across multiple portfolios, product lines, major risk exposures and decisions
- Ensures that segments implementation of the ORM Framework is robust, defensible and documented in order to meet regulatory expectations
- Provides training, tools and support to business lines for adherence to ORM Framework policies and practices
- Reviews significant business activities in order to provide effective independent challenge and uphold the objectives of the ORM framework and policies, driving issue resolution and tracking significant outstanding issues until completion
- Ensures specific milestones and deliverables related to Basel II or other regulatory programs are met
- Acts as subject matter expert at TD Bank on the implementation of operational risk management programs
- Requires a broad managerial and deep specialized knowledge of operational risk management issues at the business regulatory and industry levels
- Represents TD Bank on the TDBG corporate initiative relating to risk assessment activities
- Identifies key risks and implications and provides direction in complex situations
- Works with various regulators, business/corporate and organization-wide business support groups to deal with cross-business level issues associated with risk management and assessment activities
- Establishes relationships with counterparts at TDBG and in other Financial Institutions
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years related experience required
- Previous management experience
- Ability to coach, counsel, train, and lead staff
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize and react to discrepancies
- Ability to track and coordinate large and complex processes
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated conflict management and negotiation skills
- Proven project management skills for multiple, large projects
- Strategic planning and process management experience a must
- Proven experience in establishing and implementing effective strategies and short and long range plans that achieve bottom line results.
- In depth knowledge of financial services processes and workflows
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to develop and maintain business contacts at all levels of management throughout the organization
- Very good communications skills both written and verbal as well as the ability to develop business communications calling for specific action
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to present to regulators, executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Strong ability to influence the decisions and actions of others without express authority
- Strong ability to analyze information and business situations and effectively collaborate with business partners on overall corporate direction A senior risk professional experienced in the identification and escalation of risk issues from a variety of subject areas.
- Experienced in the identification and escalation of risk issues from a variety of subject areas
- Strong people manager with experience managing diverse teams
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the https://U.S., providing over https://9.8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,100 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro https://D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Auto Finance, a division of TD Bank, https://N.A., offers vehicle financing and dealer commercial services. TD Bank and its subsidiaries also offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, https://N.J. To learn more, visit https://www.td.com/us. Find TD Bank on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/TDBank_US and https://www.twitter.com/TDNews_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit https://www.td.com.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; paid time off and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@https://td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.