About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing over 9.8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,100 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Auto Finance, a division of TD Bank, N.A., offers vehicle financing and dealer commercial services. TD Bank and its subsidiaries also offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.td.com/us. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US and www.twitter.com/TDNews_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; paid time off and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Project Manager II provides leadership and guidance to project related staff and business lines. Effectively manages project resources and/or vendors in coordination of competing priorities. Executes project management deliverables within budget working with staff and business partners.
• Manage cross-functional projects, assessments and tasks impacting Governance and Control related initiatives. Particularly those driven by Regulatory requirements.
• Responsibility to lead the development and delivery of policies and programs to support business/enterprise objectives.
• Owner of our Internal Governance and Control Framework, including documentation such as Control Mapping, Testing Scripts, and overall Governance Framework.
• Responsibility to evolve the overall Framework as requirements, initiatives and the Regulatory environment change over time.
• Manage the various aspects of aligning and improving our Governance and Control processes related to our Partnership Programs.
• Manage strategic relationship(s) with key TD Business Management, Control Partners, Executive teams, and our Partners.
• Responsible to assist with Internal and External Audits/Exams/Assessments
• Assist in managing a Governance and Control environment for a portfolio with high Regulatory requirements.
• Regulatory background specific to Credit Cards/Unsecured Lending.
• Work closely with Team Members, ensuring efficient and effective execution of requirements with high attention to detail.
• Help drive sound decision making for the team.
• Manages project resources and/or vendors in coordination of competing priorities
• Negotiates with business partners and/or vendors for skilled resources as necessary
• Ensures all project dependencies and risks are identified and managed effectively ensuring each process step of the project is examined to determine the correct approach based on the demand of the situation
• Executes project management deliverables within budget working with staff and business partners to develop content of those deliverables; Controls change to project scope
• Coaches Employees to ensure activities are undertaken and completed
• Assists Employees in compliance with all human resources policies, procedures & guidelines of conduct
• Coordinates the sharing of information, skills, and knowledge among Employees
• Provides leadership and guidance to project related staff and/or business lines in support of a project portfolio
• Negotiates and issues project documentation to the project sponsor and involved stakeholders
• Recognizes organizational limitations and uses corporate culture and resources to eliminate barriers when possible
• Identifies areas for improvement and reengineering and proactively creates forward looking solutions
• Champions a culture of change management to ensure business standards are embraced by staff and business partners
• Ensures systems and processes are utilized to the greatest capacity
• Develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures
• Holds lead role in implementing company policy and achieves company objectives as they relate to business unit operations, contract management, client relations and administrative functions
• Utilizes the Company business project management model as appropriate to manage high visibility; Company Wide projects as appropriate
• Manages all communications to key stakeholders and ensures they are aware of significant changes to project status in a timely manner
• Ensures all Employees understand the readiness process and facilitates readiness sessions for implementation
• Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 Years of related experience
• Project Management Professional designation preferred
• Budget planning and execution experience required
• Excellent communication, problem-solving and decision making skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative business and technology relationships
• Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities, making sound business decisions
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate for resources and time
• Demonstrated experience engaging the support and resources of others to achieve project goals and objectives with ability to influence others actions and decisions without express authority
• Significant experience in building project planning documents
• Ability to think both tactically and strategically moving through both fluidly
• Demonstrated leadership skills and qualities
• Ability to research, interpret and incorporate industry and other best practices into project management processes
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at [email protected] . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The Toronto-Dominion Bank & its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches & serves approximately 22 million customers in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe. Over 85,000 TD employees represent the strongest team in banking. Delivering legendary customer experiences is who we are & is part of being the Better Bank. Visit our Careers page to learn more about TD & why TD is a great place to work.