TD Securities offers a wide range of M&A Advisory, capital markets products and services to corporate, government, and institutional clients who choose us for our innovation, execution, and experience.
With more than 6,500 professionals operating out of 40 cities across the globe, we help clients meet their needs today and prepare for tomorrow. Our services include underwriting and distributing new issues, providing trusted advice and industry-leading insight, extending access to global markets, and delivering integrated transaction banking solutions. In 2023, we acquired Cowen Inc., offering our clients access to a premier U.S. equities business and highly-diverse equity research franchise, while growing our strong, diversified investment bank.
We are growth-oriented, people-focused, and community-minded. As a team, we work to deliver value for our clients every day. www.td.com • Serves as a point-person and provides oversight in regards to market risk control for trading desks in the Region
• Assists in the identification of all key market risks and determine appropriate risk metrics to assess these risks
• Maintains thorough understanding of all key risk and risk-related issues through continual review of risk reports/related data and dialogue with relevant parties
• Establishes dialogue with TDS trading desks in regards to current positions, key risks, views and strategies
• Assists in the establishment of formal market risk policies and procedures and ensure ongoing suitability to business evolution
• Assists with local market risk regulatory issues
• Develops a thorough understanding of business strategies and key factors contributing to profitability
• Be involved in P&L attribution and periodic performance analysis with commentary linking the desks performance to specific trading strategies, positions, market conditions and underlying risks
• Facilitates the design of appropriate stress tests and scenarios that will highlight key market risks, in specific business lines and in the firm as a whole, under stress situations and provide ongoing commentary on stress results
• Provides periodic analysis and commentary of key market risks for senior management review
• Keeps abreast of new risk management techniques and industry literature
• Demonstrates governance, control and risk management behaviors in alignment with TD policies and practices
• Ensures that execution of the Market Risk Control function is line with documented procedures specific to this role or business • 4 year degree in quantitative or financial field or equivalent experience
• 5 - 8 years related analytical experience
• Must be detail oriented and possess problem-solving skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and establish priorities
• Proficient in interpersonal communication (both oral and written), and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at [email protected] . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The Toronto-Dominion Bank & its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches & serves approximately 22 million customers in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe. Over 85,000 TD employees represent the strongest team in banking. Delivering legendary customer experiences is who we are & is part of being the Better Bank. Visit our Careers page to learn more about TD & why TD is a great place to work.