Act as a change agent and catalyst to drive continuous improvement and sustainability in pursuit of a Safety First Always culture by working at multiple operational levels, including market leadership, regional and branch management, field operations teams, and all Rentokil-Terminix lines of business.
- Establish a performance-based, integrated business partnership with field operations
- Contract with leadership around on-going support needs and establish a defined business rhythm to ensure effective communication and feedback
- Provide strategic, technical support to Market leadership as needed to accomplish annual SHE goals and objectives
- Assist in implementation of the enterprise-wide SHE Loss Improvement Plan (LIP)
- Assist in development and delivery of SHE training as needed. Training delivery can be hands-on in the field, branch classroom style, or large groups such as Market/Region/Branch meetings.
- Provide timely response to emergency events to support field leaders and act as the lead liaison for government agencies,
- Provide leadership, be the subject matter expertise, and provide operational support for major incidents and regulatory inspections.
- Attend key Market and Regional Leadership meetings and provide updated SHE metrics and relevant SHE information
- Coach operations teams in conducting root cause investigations of incidents/injuries/near miss events
- Provide timely communications for incidents/injuries/near miss events
- Appropriately influence company strategy as related to SHE compliance and program implementation at the Market, Region and Branch level
- Monitor market-level SHE trends and performance and contribute to the development of actions for loss improvement
- Support compliance inspections of facilities and job sites with priority focus on locations with elevated losses
- Identify any deficiencies and develop appropriate corrective actions to assure protection of the health and safety of teammates, customers, and the environment
- Support and conduct management observations of field operations and provide feedback to leadership to reinforce safe behavior and coach at-risk behavior
- Provide timely resolution of all internal and external customer safety questions and concerns
- Ensure compliance with company and federal/state SHE standards through branch visits, field audits and continuing education.
- Proactively support branch safety meetings and safety advocates when possible and coordinate collaborative resolution of issues and concerns
- 5+ years’ experience as a SHE professional
- Knowledge of SHE-related regulatory and reporting requirements, including OSHA, EPA, DOT, FIFRA, workers’ compensation, and other relevant regulations
- Experience managing SHE requirements in a distributed service environment across various geographies highly desirable
- Exceptional leadership,communication and organizational skills.
Required Leadership Traits and Characteristics
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles of SHE management and the development and implementation of effective SHE management systems.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and a thorough understanding of the commercial benefits of effective SHE management.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects concurrently
- Ability to collaborate with operations, SHE teammates and contribute to the annual operating plan
- Ability to build and maintain strategic performance-based partnerships within operations
- Self-starter with ability to analyze problems while demonstrating ability to work collaboratively within a team to develop solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills dealing with all levels of employees, customers, and management
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence internal stakeholders
- Strive towards making a positive impact on society and the environment across the global spectrum establishing Rentokil-Terminix as a leader in this space.
Formal Education, Qualifications or Training
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, environmental engineering, organizational psychology, organizational development or related field.
- Professional certification preferred (CSP, SHMM, CIH, PE, etc)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications, especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Our companies are proud to be Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE) inclusive of veterans and those with disabilities.
California residents click here to review your privacy rights. tinyurl.com/CANotice2023