At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The work we do at AES is vital to improving millions of lives every day. Take the next step in your career and experience our flexible and wide-ranging opportunities. Challenge yourself to continuously improve and innovate, broaden your expertise and build relationships with a diverse network of professionals.
AES Clean Energy is currently seeking an Associate Project Manager to support our Construction Project Managers with PV solar and solar + storage construction projects across the US. The position will report to the Director of Project Management.
• Support AES Clean Energy’s Construction Project Managers with project documentation, reporting, scheduling, cost forecasting, and contract management
• Work with the project teams to implement project execution and document control processes
• Lead Construction documentation management for project tax equity and debt funding transactions across all portfolios of projects in construction.
• Contribute to the development of construction project execution & funding transaction processes
• Create project reports and track construction team KPI’s
• Participate in project and team meetings to coordinate fundings and assist Project Managers
• Support Project Managers with purchase requisitions and procurement documentation
• Support creation of document packages for construction contractor request for proposals (RFP’s)
• Administer the final assembly of construction contract documents and execution of contract signature pages by AES Clean Energy officers
• Support Project Managers with EPC contractor document deliverables for contract milestone payment invoicing review
• Manage internal form and document submissions for creating new construction vendors
• Other duties as assigned.
• 1-4 years related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction or related field required.
• Experience supporting Construction Project Managers with project execution and documentation (required)
• Experience supporting PV solar project tax equity and debt funding transactions (required)
• Proficient with MS Office suite, Quickbase, Box, Trello, and MS Teams
• Experience in solar and battery storage construction, electric industry, or power plants (preferred).
• Ability to build effective relationships.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer and analytical skills
• Ability to lead assigned tasks to closure while maintaining high level of professionalism.
• Able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational, project, planning & time management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Able to work supportively and collaboratively with other teams.
• Demonstrates alignment with AES Values.
• PMI CAPM certification preferred, not required.
We are the energy that improves the lives of over 100 million people through the many benefits that come with electricity.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Safety comes first at AES. To protect the health and safety of our people, customers, communities and partners, and to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, AES requires all newly-hired people or current AES people applying for U.S.-based role(s), to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of hire. Except where prohibited by law or not specifically covered in a collective bargaining agreement, new hires and transfers will be required to provide proof of vaccination during onboarding and periodically thereafter. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
The world no longer thinks of energy as a matter of supply and demand. Now it’s a space for innovation and partnership. With this transformation comes a responsibility to work with a smarter approach, new thinking informed by past experiences, and with stronger collaboration between regulators and innovators, old systems and new technologies.
At AES, we partner with our organizations ...