At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must be able to read and perform arithmetic calculations, and should possess a high degree of mechanical aptitude with a knowledge of general construction, pipefitting and mechanical maintenance procedures. Must pass the EEI MASS test and the Physical Abilities Test (PAT). Applicant must be able to work nights and weekends; and report to work at various locations. Other general qualifications such as physical fitness, attendance, safety and performance records will be considered.
Additional consideration will be given for the following job-related experience or training:
1 Past experience or training in the erection, repair and maintenance of turbine generators.
2. Past experience in the area of mechanical maintenance or power plant experience.
3. Training or experience in rigging principles.
4. Training or experience in the operation of heavy equipment such as cranes and backhoes and familiarity with hand signals for directing hoisting operations.
5. Previous experience or ability to read and use precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, taper gauges and depth gauges.
6. Training or experience in the fitting, aligning, and repairing of steam, water, air, gas and oil piping, fittings and appurtenances.
7. Training or experience in the reading and interpretation of blueprints.
8. Training or experience with oxyacetylene or arc welding and cutting procedures.
9. Any other qualifications contributing to the applicant’s ability to perform the job.
PRIMARY DUTIES: Dismantle, clean, repair, adjust and reassemble turbine generators, auxiliary equipment and facilities necessary to maintain safe, continuous and efficient operation of all power plants.
1. Aligning, fitting, connecting, reseating, balancing, repairing or overhauling of all mechanical equipment and facilities requiring the
use of micrometers, calipers, scales, gauges or other precision instruments and the reading of blueprints;
2. Cutting and welding with oxyacetylene and electric arc of a non-pressure application;
3. Fitting, aligning and repairing high and low pressure steam, water, air, gas or oil piping fittings and appurtenances;
4. Rigging, building, scaffolding, and directing crane operations, as required;
5. Inspecting, dismantling, installing, replacing, cleaning, lubricating, packing, grinding, turning, sawing, drilling, removing and setting
of all mechanical equipment and facilities;
6. Removing, repairing, replacing and installing heat insulating materials on piping and equipment;
7. Excavating, grading, backfilling and installing foundations, ductlines, manholes and vaults as required;
8. Operating all types of stationary and mobile equipment such as cranes, backhoes, hoists and trucks;
9. Keeping work areas in good order and cleaning up after completing work; and
10. Maintaining vehicles, equipment and tools in a safe and workable condition.
In addition to the primary duties listed above, the employee may be called upon to perform other work as circumstances require.
Must know and comply with all Company safety and health policies and procedures applicable to work performance.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Safety comes first at AES. To protect the health and safety of our people, customers, communities and partners, and to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, AES requires all newly-hired people or current AES people applying for U.S.-based role(s), to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of hire. Except where prohibited by law or not specifically covered in a collective bargaining agreement, new hires and transfers will be required to provide proof of vaccination during onboarding and periodically thereafter. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
The world no longer thinks of energy as a matter of supply and demand. Now it’s a space for innovation and partnership. With this transformation comes a responsibility to work with a smarter approach, new thinking informed by past experiences, and with stronger collaboration between regulators and innovators, old systems and new technologies.
At AES, we partner with our organizations ...