The Hartford is on FGB’s Best Companies for Women of 2020.
FGB'ers gave this company a 4.5/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at The Hartford rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
The Professional Women’s Network (PWN) provides professional support, growth, advancement and networking to enable greater gender balance.
The Hartford offers diversity awareness training known as Appreciating Differences and Managing Inclusion.
Employees will be provided with leave of up to four weeks and paid at a rate of 100 percent of their base pay.
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Position Summary: As Advisor Consultant, you will be responsible for driving Hartford Funds sales by building deep relationships with financial advisors, strategic partners and firms. You will be expected to leverage existing relationships and build new relationships with financial advisors in the Wire Channel covering the Boston territory. You will be required to reside in the territory.
Provide marketing support and customer service to financial advisors in the assigned territory
Present technical product knowledge in an innovative way
Regularly update advisors on industry trends
Work with drive and passion and encourage others to do the same
Build strong relationships with our strategic partners, registered representatives and firms
Administrative: schedule and expense reporting
Ability to increase sales in a very competitive marketplace by: calling on financial advisors, calling on key contacts at the firms, calling on clients with their advisor and conducting seminar presentations and client events.
• A Bachelor's degree, preferably business, economics, finance, sales or marketing (or equivalent on-the-job experience)
• 3-5 years of wholesaling experience
• Distribution channel experience with assigned broker dealer firms.
• Track Record of success with existing relationships inside the territory with Financial Advisors at specified firms.
• Technical proficiency of mutual funds
• Must be fully licensed (Series 7, Series 63)
• Individual must be sales focused and have demonstrated the ability to operate in a multitask environment and stay
• Able to take and manage risk
• Able to handle complex or rapid flow of information and ideas effectively
• A strong work ethic
• Strong understanding of the market and sales process, how to prospect for brokers and clients and close the sale.
• A consistently positive attitude
• A confident public speaker, great at making presentations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Outgoing and good with people
• A sincere drive to achieve and make the sale
• Resourcefulness and superior problem solving skills
• A strong sense of independence
• Confident and assertive
• Able and willing to travel 80% of the time
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$50,000 to $50,000
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Retail Sales Consultant - 87SX5E
Child care subsidies
As an insurance company, we're in the business of helping others. For more than 200 years, we’ve done so, and continue to, with property and casual insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. But we’re also committed to making sure our impact goes far beyond an insurance policy. And our employees come together in pursuit of that common goal. Because when people's ...