You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford Financial Lines Errors & Omissions E&O Claims Group has an open Claim Consultant position handling a caseload of third-party Accountants and Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL) claims, from inception to final disposition. As these claims are often in litigation, experience handling Professional Liability matters is required.
The Hartford is proud to offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. We are looking to hire in one of the following locations:
New York, NY
San Antonio, TX
Responsibilities include all aspects of claim file management from assignment to conclusion including:
· Conducting investigations and analyzing and evaluating the information learned
· Appropriately and accurately analyzing and determining coverage, liability and damages based upon the facts of each claim
· Writing and communicating to insureds in regard to coverage, liability, damages and other issues
· Setting appropriate expense and indemnity reserves and monitoring on a regular basis for any needed adjustment
· Presenting cases to management for expense or indemnity reserve authority above established authority levels
· Developing and implementing resolution strategies through negotiations to achieve high quality outcomes
· Proactively managing litigation and counsel, inclusive of litigation planning and execution, budgeting and bill review
· Understanding and analyzing potential extra-contractual liability as needed
· Attending trials and mediations as necessary
· Contributing to broader claim and enterprise goals by participating in audits, projects, training and product development initiatives
· Preparing comprehensive reports and delivering presentations to senior claim leadership on case developments, policy issues, industry trends, etc.
· Providing support and working collaboratively with business partners to evaluate and address claim trends and developments
· Addressing inquiries from agents and policyholders, providing superior customer service
· Providing key training and marketing support to Underwriters
· Juris Doctorate degree required.
· Minimum of three years handling Professional Liability insurance defense or coverage litigation.
· Candidate should be disciplined, results-oriented and able to focus on bottom line results.
· Candidates are required to have knowledge and experience handling all aspects of liability claims.
Candidates should demonstrate the following:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent strategic thinking ability and execution skills.
· Excellent negotiation and advanced technical claim handling skills. Knowledge of insurance coverage issues a plus.
· Superior time, task prioritization and desk management skills.
· An ability to communicate thoughts clearly and concisely, and to influence and persuade others.
· Ability to work independently and employ a “team player” attitude.
The Hartford is proud to offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
For full-time, occasional, part-time or remote positions: (1) high speed broadband internet service is required, we do not recommend or support DSL, wireless, Mifi, Hotspots, Fiber without a modem and Satellite; (2) Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway is hardwired to the Hartford issued computer with an ethernet cable; and (3) minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps will be required. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$117,040 - $175,560
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Benefits
Claims Consultant FL - CV07GE
Child care subsidies
As an insurance company, we're in the business of helping others. For more than 200 years, we’ve done so, and continue to, with property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. But we’re also committed to making sure our impact goes far beyond an insurance policy. And our employees come together – no matter where they’re located - in pursuit of that common goal. ...