research the competitive landscape, economic, industry, product, actuarial trends, risk assessment and financial metrics to determine recommendations for new product/coverage opportunities and strategies.
• Provide thought leadership in area of expertise, including drafting white papers and first alerts, and participating on industry panels.
• Develop and maintain underwriting guidelines and underwriting authority. Provide internal and external training and collaborate with peers and UW community.
• Work closely with senior leaders and stakeholders throughout the organization to develop and implement underwriting strategies to achieve performance goals, identify trends, and develop recommendations for improvement, as needed.
• Advance pricing and portfolio segmentation for portfolio analysis and shaping. Support underwriting on key business initiatives and maintain relationships throughout the organization to support multi-disciplinary problem solving and execution and input across all levels of the business.
• Develop insight into competitors' strengths, weaknesses and strategies and leverage to drive profitable business and increased market penetration.
7+ years' experience within P & C Specialty Lines; focus and expertise in product & underwriting for Auto & Environmental strongly preferred
Superior understanding of Product Management & Product Development, inclusive of policy form development and interaction with actuaries and reinsurers.
Strong understanding of all aspects of underwriting execution
Ability to use data and analytics to understand and drive underwriting strategy
Understanding of financial concepts
Strong project management, negotiation, influencing, legal and analytical skills
Ability to absorb multi-disciplinary input and translate into effective actions
Superior communication skills, both oral and written
Ability to collaborate to drive effective partnerships and deliver outcomes
Leadership and mentoring skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrate a talent to motivate and inspire team employees and cross functional teams
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
Hybrid & Remote:
Sustaining The Hartford's unique workplace culture is vital to delivering on our purpose - underwriting human achievement - and continuously producing outstanding results. Our enterprise work model, which reflects a mix of in-office, hybrid and fully remote roles, helps us attract, retain and develop the talent we need to achieve the company's strategic goals. This role can be performed in either a hybrid or remote work arrangement.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$130,000 - $195,000
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Benefits