The Hartford is on FGB’s Best Companies for Women of 2020.
FGB'ers gave this company a 4.5/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at The Hartford rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
The Professional Women’s Network (PWN) provides professional support, growth, advancement and networking to enable greater gender balance.
The Hartford offers diversity awareness training known as Appreciating Differences and Managing Inclusion.
Employees will be provided with leave of up to four weeks and paid at a rate of 100 percent of their base pay.
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
We’re in the business of helping people achieve amazing things by protecting the things that matter most. And you can help us when you join our team of underwriters. They’re at the center of everything we do – and by joining us, you’ll be on a team known throughout the industry for providing our customers with just the right amount of coverage they need to pursue their unique interests.
Your underwriting career here means collaboration, inclusivity, innovative thinking and so much more. Here, doing things the way they’ve always been done isn’t a part of the job. Here, you’ll be putting your creative insights to work with other underwriters and leaders, having a seat at the table with key decision makers. And you’ll have any number of opportunities for your career to grow in whatever direction you choose.
As a Property & Casualty Middle Market Underwriter at The Hartford, your primary role will be to underwrite and actively pursue new business pricing, servicing the needs of our brokerage partners on an account by account basis. Property & Casualty Middle Market Underwriter will analyze the agency book on a quarter-to-quarter basis for potential action. In addition, you’ll coach and mentor staff on your team, providing support to junior underwriters as well own a book of new business and renewals.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and carrier underwriting experience
• 5 + years of P&C Middle Market Carrier Underwriting experience is required; position title and level will be determined after careful review of the selected candidate's experience and qualifications
• Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to think analytically about business problems, make recommendations and propose solutions
• High energy self-starter, who is resilient and has an entrepreneurial spirit
• Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk management skills
• Goal-oriented and delivers outcomes
• Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win
• Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills
• Desire and ability to mentor more junior underwriting peers
• A valid driver's license is required to accomplish the required business travel expectations
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$77,900 - $140,280
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Executive Underwriter Center - UY07BE
Child care subsidies
As an insurance company, we're in the business of helping others. For more than 200 years, we’ve done so, and continue to, with property and casual insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. But we’re also committed to making sure our impact goes far beyond an insurance policy. And our employees come together in pursuit of that common goal. Because when people's ...